FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What To Do Next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I should have my Hella projectors and my Steeda highflow intake in next week.

Taking out the CAI just becuase Im a chicken s**t to drive in the rain now even thow the rain isnt going to do s**t all unless i dirve into a river. What ever. Doing what i do best. Wasting $$$ on parts I allready got so this will be intake #4 or so (Cant remember) :lol:

Any way what do do next. I got lower suspension on my list then what after that.
Here is my choices.

Seats
Shorty header
Engine mounts
Rear valence/skirt for the rear euro bumper

or should i just use the money and start on my turbo kit?
Shorty Header + Stock Cat = Pooh-Pooh in a few months (usually)

What about some Graphics? or a Hood?

Although I do like the idea of a new motor-mount... my car is starting to get awfully sloppy with engine-rocking...

Skirts and Rear Facia would also complete your look very nicely... but thats more $$$... lets work on some Go for now :) I forget what y'all have under your hood...

Stap Boy,Jun 19 2004, 06:07 AM Wrote:Shorty Header + Stock Cat = Pooh-Pooh in a few months (usually)
Agreed actually happened to me....

Seriously finish off your looks first whether it be the seats or the skirts.... ;)
You wanna sell the CAI? Let's talk turkey!!!

start saving for a turbo.
so what happened to the cat after awhile cuz i got a shorty header not installed yet doing it on monday but what happened to the cat???
FociS8nt,Jun 19 2004, 11:49 AM Wrote:so what happened to the cat after awhile cuz i got a shorty header not installed yet doing it on monday but what happened to the cat???
Your cat will actually collapse.....so then you either buy an ORP, gut the cat, or put in a high flow cat.

My suggest is to not bother installing it and buying some long tubes.
go with the long tube header or don't bother changing out the stock one IMHO

think about a CG Lock for your seatbelt instead of seats

consider some azenis sport

Ya i was looking into long arm header and gutting out the cat with a big resonator on it lol. As for engine mods right now i got pulleys, magnaflow exahust, and intake. I think the header would be the next thing to match my current list of mods. Im also wanting to stick to mods so when the time does come to turbo i dont have to get rid of the allready boughten parts...

As for my CAI make me an offer.. :)
azenis sport and CG Lock will be useful no matter what your setup :D
naz,Jun 19 2004, 01:48 PM Wrote:azenis sport and CG Lock will be useful no matter what your setup :D
Im going to check it out :)
k well what if I just made my own ORP lol basically just taking out the cat puting a piece of pipe there?
FociS8nt,Jun 20 2004, 04:24 AM Wrote:k well what if I just made my own ORP lol basically just taking out the cat puting a piece of pipe there?
Sure that works..you can use the flanges from the old cat....
i know I will be cut down with this one but how do u gut a cat??? and I mean the converter please no smart ass responses about the animal :P
does anyone know how to???
FociS8nt,Jun 22 2004, 11:32 AM Wrote:does anyone know how to???
You insert a large steal bar and bash....

Not worth it though you actually lose HP...I think Jay did this...too much turbulence if I remember correctly ;)
Seats man, or a new hood.
catalytic converters are really expensive... i think its worth it to cut it out and weld a pipe in its place, make or buy an ORP or long tube header.. you might bash it out and find you lost power or gain next to nothing and you have a hassle on your hands if you need to pass emissions
I'd say headers are almost wasted on a car with our actual output, unless you're running F/I ala Puppet.

I'd rather see you get the shwank seats and valances. I'd toss my seats for new ones in a heartbeat. The stockers are comfortable, but I just love good aftermarket seats :)
Couple thing:

-Don't gut the stock cat...I had that done, I think I lost power..too ghetto, buy a ORP

-Shorty headers are not good, get long tube headers, they do work, maybe not for the SPI..lol..but they work great on the Zetec.

Like I said to my GF, a turbo makes a nice show and go piece! :) And it works well for both! :P
Pages: 1 2