FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Planning A New Suspension Setup.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright the FK 35/40 is perfect how ever the fact for appearance wise its not low enough for me. This time I plan on doing the struts at the same time also. I been looking into two different kits rights now.

APEX 2 inch kit and the H&R cup kit.. I know Dan had the APEX kit on his car. Who else had it and how do you rate it. Im just trying to find as much info about the 2 kits and trying to find the best prices but I can seem to find a thing or enough info...
apex kit will be more, harsh then your fk kit... Since fk generally makes street type kits.
FK was my plan but ya FK is no more. There going out :( I like go cart/hard ride.. Unless someone knows where I can find a Fk 2inch drop..
Uhh....you drive a FOCUS...you want a 2" drop for that slammed look? :unsure:

I dropped the Civic 4.5 inches.....that's a slammed look. :) ANd this is a CIVIC that is lower then the Focus to start with! lol

The Apex kit does not lower the car at all. Cup kit will probably be the same.

I say invest in some H&R coil overs or other coil overs.

Or get some Koni Yellow's with Ground Control or other types of coil over sleeves

**DISCLAIMER**

I am responding as far as cosmetics go... :) Which is what he is concerned with.
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 18 2004, 07:01 AM Wrote:Or get some Koni Yellow's with Ground Control
That's my suggestion.
Id say go with the cup kit. but id be weary of speedbumps and potholes
Konis should do it.

Look at Focused car.

The stance was perfect!
scoobasteve,Jun 18 2004, 02:10 PM Wrote:Id say go with the cup kit. but id be weary of speedbumps and potholes
With a cup kit?

you have to be kidding right?

I mean, this is a FOCUS....even with a 4 inch drop it will be high..and I'm serious.

My car had 1 inch gap between the resonator and the ground...only scrapped once in a while, but the car looked sick.

My buddy's 2001 Prelude, Same thing, he's got H&R Race springs and Koni's on the lowest perch. (You have different height levels on the Koni's) and he's the same as me, the car looks SICK as hell.

He scrapes on dodgy inclines and s**t but still, you are looking for a NICE look, this is it!
With the 35/40 setup I still have a big gap between the wheels and wheel well. Focis8nt did a 2 inch drop and the wheels well is pretty closed in..Thats what im looking for..Its more cosmetic side of things. I still have people telling me to lower my car and Im like it is lowered LOL..
Some of the speedbumps here at the office... the svt barley clears them :(
Jay the cup kit is pretty low ... i dunno what your smoking but you should look at pics of it...

Maybe youve been on hondatech too long, and forgot about our suspension stuff =P
Call Gavin A.K.A Sweet G.

His car is crazy low.
tdot-zx3,Jun 18 2004, 04:40 PM Wrote:Jay the cup kit is pretty low ... i dunno what your smoking but you should look at pics of it...

Maybe youve been on hondatech too long, and forgot about our suspension stuff =P
I really don't think you can put the words Focus and Low in the same senctence without having the words "is not" in between! ;)
*cough*
Not my fault you become a ricer.

:P
for sure the cup kit is low. around a 2.5 drop. Im leaning more on the side of the APEX kit. I could always do eibach sportlines and match them up with some nice struts. Any one got and tips on struts?
I don't know if this is going to help you, but I will give it a shot.
I believe in prior postings you have 18" rims. Our Focus has 18" rims and the KW suspension coilover variant. The kit lowered the car 2". I really wouldn't want it any lower or else your scraping everything, and with that nice new bumper, that would be a bummer.
The KW kit is nice in that the ride height and suspension are adjustable, so in the winter we can raise up the height for the snow. Like I am going to drive it in the winter, but you get the idea.
As for cost, I really don't know, but you can enquire through the focustuning site.

Oh, and the car handles like it's on rails. It's unbelieveable.
what about something like a set of H&R race springs and Koni Yellows?
i know quite a few people running that setup and love it.
handles extremely well the springs are stiff enough to give a solid performance ride but you can dial in or out the firmness with the shocks for whatever you like.
I have heard to many people say the GC/Koni combo isn't a good combo.

eibach sportlines are nice but softer than the prokit.
work really well with eibach dampners but will never give you a gocart feel.

other options are the H&R PCS or Bilstien PSS9s coilovers.
these would be the way to go if you want the complete package, handling and looks to your tastes.

what is more important to you?
I really want a setup that will work together. Like you mentioned some springs dont work good with some struts. More reason why I was after a kit. I think I made a decision to go with Sprint springs. Alot of local guys have them here even Focis8nt and there is nothing but good stuff coming from them. Its a nice 2 inch drop that im looking for and the ride is awsome. Even on the stock struts there are guys here who been driving on them for more then a year and have yet to blow a strut... Heres there site. Please do check it out and tell me what you think

http://www.sprintspring.com/

P.S. I onyl got 17"s and am upgrading to 18"s one day soon...

jay.. before you had a stock looking EF with b16a swap.. i thought it was the SWEETEST car.. i wanted one just like it.. but now you have a MaDD TiTE 4.5" drop.. i am cringing...

when did you get the r!ceR bug man ?
well one of the nicest setups i have ridden in is the H&R race with Koni shocks
it's a nice 2" drop
springs are stiff enough for any sort of driving but no bone jaring and the konis make it easy to balance out the car and soften it up for long drives.