FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Focus Pictures From The Wayne Assembly Plant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2005 Focus Photos From The Assembly Plant

Thanx to smokinzx3.....ugh...I mean microbunny.. :rolleyes:

ENJOY
Yurk, reminds me of work.

I noticed the radio is one piece in the Focus, as opposed to a two piece set up in the Mazda3. That was one of the main reasons why we didn't buy a Mazda3, because you can't change the deck right now.

Better design decision by Ford.

A first
Yeah. It looks pretty sweet.

The one picture I don't get is where they have moved the oil filter.... Looks like the first snow drift you go plowing through you're going to snap it off. :(
great spot though .. oil changes would be so much easier
Uhm.. I wouldn't be naming names when posting those pics

Ford very much Frowns upon Pictures being taken inside their Facilities.. we do a LOT of work that other Companies would love to see (nothing ground breaking or super high-tech.. mind you) but certain process save a LOT of time and Money that Ford would just rather Toyota Figure out on their own

I've been involved in some new technologies in the plant, and I'd be DAMNED pissed if someone from another company stole the idea... You may not see anything groundbreaking or special in those pictures... but a trained eye could pick something out

Not trying to break your balls... The Pics are cool and most here probably havn't seen how a car is built first-hand... but... People can, and do, get fired for this s**t
I agree with Stap Boy but maybe when someone takes the tour the should not allow cameras in there. I am pretty sure someone working there or whoever gave that tour would have seen him take at least a couple of those pics....
People working there don't give 2-shiets..hehe

does SmokinZX3 work there? or was he on a Tour..

Most plants don't give tours anymore... Rouge does but Thats different :)... and we do to Retiree's tours and there's a high-school program that we give tours for...

People take pics in the plant all the time, it really isn't a big deal but, it has the potential to be
Yeah I can see them having some people coming into the dealerships having snapped off the oil filter. Easy to get to sure, but a bad placement for it.
Yeah, colour me surprised these pictures got out. Usually the only way you can take pictures is by a company photographer who then sends them to you.

We don't give tours at the plant, but we are allowed to bring in friends and family anytime. I don't know that any of you would want to come and see how a Freestar is built?
But hey, if any of you would like to see the facility, it may be possible to hook something up in late August as we are about to embark on a lot of downtime and excessive beer drinking courtesy of the paid time off Ford Motor Co. Gotta love that union and 6 out of 7 weeks off.

PM me if anyone wants to go on a tour. It would have to be through the week when we are operational.

:rolleyes: You guys make me laugh...I love how you automatically know all of Ford's policies.........just enjoy the fukin photos.......

who cares.....obviously nobody gave a s**t ...he snapped over 100 photos in his original gallery and nobody said..'you can't do that'!!

,,my god!! :rolleyes:
Dude... we's not harpin' on you or nothing but...

Uh... most Ford workers know Ford policies

we have to know which rules to bend, and which can be broken :)
Actually that would be a good G2G...

I could just see the lot of us bashing Ford as we walk through the plant...

Seriously think about it, it could be fun.
then I could take you on a tour of our plant later :)

You'd be amazed at the differences between plants...

Most of the Ford workers would prolly join you in the Ford bashing.. hehe
Bunny...........I couldn't give a shite about the FORD policies. Never did, never would. I've got a lot of hilarious stories that have cost the company dearly for screwing with me and my co-workers.
My friend tells me I should write a book about the crap that goes on there. Just imagine, your doing the same thing day in and day out 550 times a day. Boring. So the mind wanders and you think of other creative things to do. Unbelieveable how creative you can get.
So there is some interest in doing the tour, so I will look into it next week and we can do a long range plan of say, September, but like I said, it would have to be during the week.