FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question. I have a 2001 ZX3 S2 editions and was wondering is it normal to have never gotten a recall notice. I even called my local Ford dealer and they did a search for my vin and came up with no recalls. I was just wondering as I have a friend who bought a 2001 Focus SE a week before I bought mine and he has had several recalls. Also where did you guys hear about the fuel pump recall.
Not sure if you bought it new or not, they might have been done them before or CHECKED for them before and you weren't affected. Unless they have like a database that you weren't added to?! Maybe sent to the last owner?
Bought it new in Nov of 2001. I just think it is kind of odd. I know 3 or 4 people with Focus's and they have all had at least one recall. The only difference between my car and there's is that mine is the S2 edition.
I got a 2K1 ZX3 S2 Edition also, no recalls to date. Just so you know.....
Have you had any problems with your S2. I just had mine in because it was making a creaking noise when I would make a slow turn. They replaced the control arm bushing or something like that. I also had it in because the AC was not working right.
I had a sensor go in winter, not sure which one but it was replaced under warranty. Also, the seats in the S2, there is a bracket on the outside edge (facing the door) inside the seat that will eventually rip the fabric open on the seat. I know I am getting my seats recovered (under warranty) in that area where it is wearing or ripped though. It's the side cushion that your thigh would rest against on the seat surface.

Other than that, just new brakes cause the pads wore out (mostly my fault cause they were never checked at the oil changes, but anyway).... that is basically it. No strange noises or creaking sounds, etc....
I had the check engine light come on in the middle of Time Square NY on a trip last year (talk about a bad place for it to happen). It turns out it was just a sensor. Ford had to come to my house and tow my car to the dealer once after a regular service when they forgot to hook up the battery correctly and the battery a few days later.
Yeah figures they would forget something like that. At least no major repairs, seems the 2001 model holds up really good, along with the other newer models. Seems like the 2000 was the only one with real problems from my experience anyway....