FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Impromptu Focus G2g At Tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A bunch of folks came out to TAG Motorsport today to watch me fiddle with my car.

Rubberman, SVTDean, meford4u (and son), scoobasteve, blackzx3, and a few others sorry.. I'm rushing this so I can go watch the season finale of The Restaurant.

Anyways, I installed the 65mm pro-M MAF, which was 2 inches longer, and .5 inch narrower on the filter side (d'oh!). a roll and a half of electrical tape proved an apt adapter to get the filter on the smaller MAF inlet... Lastnight, I took the 9 datapoints on the proflow flow sheet, graphed them:

then I pulled the 37 point MAF transfer from this graph, and came up with a tune that runs rich in some areas (11.9 AF from 4500-5500RPM, but 12.1-12.2 everywhere else).

That was close enough to figure it wasn't worth spending money on another hour of dyno/wideband time to figure out my datalogger (man, I need practice!) to properly tweak the MAF Transfer... I'll sort that out on my own very soon, and then hit the dyno only to confirm.

oh, and the results from the dyno:
<a href='http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v246/darkpuppet/tag_dyno2.jpg'>[Image: tag_dyno2.jpg]

181.5HP, 161 ft-lb torque... you can see there's a bit of room for improvement.. but for the ghetto tuner... it's damn near perfect :)

t'was a good day.

Papa had a few moments of worry as his car failed to register RPM signals on the dyno (a common ford problem??).. and the boys at tag took to cleaning/regapping his stock plugs.

Rubberman hit the dyno to tune his cam gears a bit, and after 3 (or 4) earsplitting pulls, most of oakville was probably hoping the dyno day would end there :)

and so it did...

videos are forthcoming. Guys who hit the dyno, please feel free to post your results! ..I have no memory.

Guys, it was great having you all out there, chatting, doing some dyno pulls, and accomplishing a bit of work. Papa even learned how to hit the record button on the video camera...how productive a day is that!
Well we all know papa can't answer for himself about the record button, but in his words

SHUT IT!!!

Nice day guys

steve man.. why'd you have to do it today

you should have taken that whole crowd over to the HADA autoX

EDIT: congrats on getting the car running right!
naz,Jun 6 2004, 05:30 AM Wrote:steve man.. why'd you have to do it today

you should have taken that whole crowd over to the HADA autoX

EDIT: congrats on getting the car running right!
'cause I couldn't do it today (sunday), next weekend's the 24 hour relay, and the weekend after is booked, and the weekend after that is the london g2g, and then the weekend after that I'm driving 1500 km...

that, and doing autox with a 5,000 redline is embarrassing. :unsure:

So unfortunately, it just had to be done... wish I could have gone to the autox otherwise (and I highly encourage anyone to go... it's great fun!).
Yeah great turn out....

The video will be coming, thanks for everyone that showed up....