FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stock Radio Troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The stock radio in the focus started acting up today.
It just shut off while i was listen to a CD. Then it restarted later on. It pretty much just runs random, on/off/on/off. Usually when it shuts off, you can't turn it back on either.
It's very strange.
The clock on the unit never seems to reset though. Therefore the unit is not losing all power. I'm wondering if the ignition power is somehow getting interupted but the constant power is still there. If that were the case, when I am able to turn the unit back on, I should see the "1 hour" display.
Or is the unit just bad, is there a history on stock HUs?
Yo,

PM me...I got a solution for you!!

:)
It could very well be a loose connector/wire in behind the radio. Try the following:

A) remove radio with keys, unplug connection, make sure connectors are clean and free from debris, if that checks out ok, plug back in, re-install radio, and double check fuses.

If you still have problems try this:

B) Take out Radio with keys, locate nearest trash bin, throw radio in, install aftermarket deck where original radio used to be, there problem solved.

BTW, shouldnt this be in the I.C.E. section?
If there's serious problems and you just want a stock headunit, shoot me a PM.. I maybe have what you need.
well the real pisser is that i just bought a Fm mod. 10disc/mp3 changer because i did not want to switch out the stock deck. I'm not a fan of putting a smaller deck into the 2DIN slot. It's personal pref. but I just dont think it ever looks right.

Quote:BTW, shouldnt this be in the I.C.E. section?
I figured no, I see this is as more I.C.F., in car frustration.
Your problem is most likely the anti-theft panel connection. Mine was doing that before, and if you'd wiggle that it would come back on.

Just take it off and clean the connections off really well, and make sure that the 2-5 buttons are seated securely.
well things seem ok today, cleaned off the contacts for the anti-theft pen. not that they were all that dirty.
guilty,Jun 5 2004, 03:57 PM Wrote:Your problem is most likely the anti-theft panel connection.  Mine was doing that before, and if you'd wiggle that it would come back on.

Just take it off and clean the connections off really well, and make sure that the 2-5 buttons are seated securely.
I say this is the problem, only because that is what happened to me.
Pain when your driving and the radio just shuts off. I just start mashing that stupid thing and it comes back on.
guilty,Jun 5 2004, 02:57 PM Wrote:Your problem is most likely the anti-theft panel connection. Mine was doing that before, and if you'd wiggle that it would come back on.

took me 2 damned weeks to figure that out when I had the stock deck. Just press the buttons back in till they click and it worked :P