FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Whos Exhaust?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who was the crazy loud orange focus with wrc front? What was he all running because that car was crazy loud.

I plan on getting a race header, and remove the cat...then of course i will have to add a resonator.. I decided to hold off on Turbo or S/C going a different route.
Thats the one and only 'crazy-bob' a.k.a. Rubberman
Ahh yes.. I need to know what he was running?
hmmm i think he's completley stock just with a gutted interior....

oh wait he does have a bit of other stuff too...... mbrp cat back focussport race header and flex and a welded in cat......hermhoff i think... as far as other mods just the basics with a cam ...
How you liking it. Im also going after the race header how ever no cat for me..
i dont mind noise...... to be honest the cams actually make a big difference in noise... i didnt figure they would untill when they were way out of tune at the dyno i figure it had to be a good 20 db quieter than normal... as far as driving around i think i tend to speed more because of the noise cause i cant stand the drone.... as far as power goes the car pulls hard for a n/a focus.... i think i might stay n/a then sometimes i think nitrous would be cool for the track..... i dunno i'm not a real good driven in the grand scheme of things and you can only screw up so much going in a straight line......

i would definetly put the cat on tho a good high flo cat will keep it at least somewhat legal without really affecting performance

i guess if you can stand the noise they are worth it if not your gonna have to cough up a bit extra to get it quieted down
I am in Sask and there is no law saying we have to have a cat. Its just the noise factor of it im sketched out about but I know things can get quiet if you put in the extra $$$.

Reason why im going NA instead is for what Im using my car for Im not looking for any serious power. Im shooting for 190-200 plus I dont want to have to deal with the maintenance of a turbo or supercharger. Im not quite ready for that yet.

What kind of high flow cat are you using? Its a race header you got right? If I did go along with a cat I dont want to waste my money on a cheap one then end up burning it out. I want to gain as much HP as possible but at the same time filter some of the noise without loosing any. LOL :lol: I wouldnt mind going a day with just header then full exahust LOL Just to see how loud it would be. Im wondering it I should go cat then also add a resonator? That would quiet it down a bit. How ever I have heard some people have done this and when they ended up putting in the resonator it made a really nasty sound :lol: