FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Car Seems A Bit Boggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

My car seems a bit boggy compared to usual (not intake related).

What do you guys recommend?

I've heard good things and bad things about injector cleaner.

When should spark plugs be replaced? How much are they? And whats the stock part #?

Thanks
B)
Cant answer the sprk plug, but I've never had issues with fuel injector cleaner. Just make sure you follow the instructions. Like, dont add a full bottle of the stuff to a 1/4 tank of gas :lol:
maybe fuel filter?
I'd do both. Injector cleaner is about $10 and a new fuel filter is about $20. The fuel filter is really easy to do, just don't forget to take the fuel cap off and purge the fuel rail via the shrader valve. You can also drain pressure form the fuel system by removing the fuel pump fuse and letting the car run until it craps out.

NGK Laser Platinum plugs are around $20 a piece, but read the plug first. If it is fouled, cracked (unlikely) or the gap is off, change them. If the Gap is within a few thou and the plug is clean of a light silver, they are fine.

peace

01-yellow-ZX3

Actually I'm pretty sure its not the fuel filter, I had it replaced not too long ago.

I'll check my plugs when I get a chance, and see how they look.

I used to race snowmobiles, so I'm a near expert plug reader, I just don't have the time to take them out right now.
check your o2 sencer......mine was doing the same thing and i went to the dealership and they repplaced 6the o2 sencer and now my car runs like a shiny dime

tyler

01-yellow-ZX3

And it didn't throw a CEL?
Could also be a DPFE symptom. The CEL doesn't go off right away.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jun 2 2004, 06:32 PM Wrote:And it didn't throw a CEL?
i dont understand what that means??????
CEL = Check Engine Light....