FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if those tires would have fit....I would have done them.....

Marc you are right they will "slow " you down in the straight line sense of the discussion , but as Naz points out if your into Twisties than it is about the contact patch.....

so your car straight seems to = fast
your car in corners = fastish

as a comparison

my car straight = slow
my car in corners = fast as hell (seriosly)

it is about the driving you do...or want to do with the car...you know that

just as a side note the last time I checked most road racing or sport car series race cars extend there wheel wells for the sole perpose of increasing there foot print....
I'll add most of the above discussion assumes ideal (dry) conditions and everyone needs to remember the Focus only weighs 2600 dry.

The optimum all rounder summer performance tire size for the Focus under the widest range of surfaces, conditions and situations is probably the size many of them come equipped from the factory 205/50R16.

personally, i think the best 'bang for the buck' summer tire is the azenis sport hands down

if i had cash coming out my ass i'd run yokohama A032R or toyo RA1 on the street

dad, 2001 ZTS, anyone..... do you have time to go to the autoX tomorrow (june 5)
naz,Jun 4 2004, 01:23 PM Wrote:dad, 2001 ZTS, anyone..... do you have time to go to the autoX tomorrow (june 5)
Negative, you're in Toronto tomorrow? with the VW?
yep! i'm here until sunday midday

anyone meeting up i'd love to tag along
I ran 225-45-17 for awhile and they rubbed on the outer fender under loading so I switched back to 215-45-17 on the stock SVT rims.
My 2 cents worth :blink:
2002 SVT focus 3dr
SVT_underpressure,Jun 5 2004, 02:37 AM Wrote:I ran 225-45-17 for awhile and they rubbed on the outer fender under loading so I switched back to 215-45-17 on the stock SVT rims.
My 2 cents worth :blink:
2002 SVT focus 3dr
B) this proves what have been telling yall all along. but then again, I must been talking s**t. :rolleyes:

listen kids, I owned a focus since 2000 so if I put my 0.02 cents you should consider it, if I post, its to save you cash and time and hastles.....

but if you think your so knowledgeable of your sh1t.... <_<

just let me know and I'll let you waste your money as you wish..... :lol:

-Marc

2000 zx3 - all custom s**t - 15.0 @ 92
2002 svt - bone stock - 15.3 @ 93
2002 svt - boosted - check for yourself, 100$ bet per runs...... ;)
even for a hundred buck... a shoe that dont fit aint a deal brotha..... :unsure:
I can vouch for his 15 second run in his zx3!!!! I have the seen the video clip of it!
Pages: 1 2