FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ot: Fuel Pump Recall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did the fuel pump recall approx 3weeks ago and like alot of people here I found a good rise in gas milage. Before I replace it I will get between 200-250km at 1/2 tank and now I got 300km+ at 1/2 mark. :blink: But last week I need to get some gas before I hit the hwy and the gas light come on right before I turn off the key. I put in a full tank and it take a fvcking 43L, b4 it will only take approx 36L when the light come on. I don't do the math but I have a feeling that my gas milage don't go up. Do anyone notice the same happen to their car?
200-250 on a tank? :o

Crazy. My car wasnt that bad before the recall....2000 ZX3, getting 500 + consistently now with the new one.
I get crap gas milage.. I don't think I even make it to 300miles a tank.... I have alot of bolt ons and chipped though..
Before it is 200-250km at 1/2 tank mark not full tank. After the recall it is 300+
Before it take approx 36L when light come on. After it take approx 43L when light come on.
Hey man, that's really friggin weird. I just got my fuel pump done too, and my tank always filled up to 36L. It was at just above 1/2 on my way out of Ford and I filled it up, damned thing took $19! It usually takes that when 3/4 empty! I thought to myself "Damn I hope my fuel gauge isn't going" but I wonder now... keep me informed on this.. that's mighty interesting
fokuz,May 31 2004, 05:59 PM Wrote:I get crap gas milage.. I don't think I even make it to 300miles a tank.... I have alot of bolt ons and chipped though..
I do too...and you are very very low
I think that ford also replaced the tanks since a main cause of the pumps going bad was a lining that was in the tank to begin with. This lining would became damaged and flake off which would in turn clog the fuel pumps. With mine I drove a while on the gas light and it took 49L I think it was, but before the max. I put in was 46L and that was with driving a while on the light.

Even when i got my car bone stock.. i never did any good mileage.. i usually did like 375-400 til the light went on (although i still had about 10 liters left)... in the winter, i do like 325-350 but with like 12 liters left.. in the summer now that i replaced the pump, i do about 420km with about 9-10 liters left..

I only do city driving though