FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Starter Problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the new owner called me again...

car wont start, makes 1 click fromt he starter area and thats it. I thought it would be the battery, but we checked with the volt meter, its good.

Anybody have the starter go on them and have similar symptoms?
Did you check the battery while trying to crank? I've had batteries read fine with no load but the voltage would drop to next to nil as soon as you applied load.

-George
Check that battery cables too. Those buggers are sensative. Also check you grounds sometimes that prevents it from startin. I've never had a starter go on me, but just about everything else in the car! lol!
A failing battery can have 12V but have 0 Amps. I would have him get the battery load tested. That would give you an answer on the true condition of the battery.
thanks guys....ill tell him to get it load tested.
why is the new owner calling you with problems?
I thought when you sell a car, it becomes the buyer's problem?
u should tell him to sign up and ask us himself
ANTHONYD,Apr 2 2009, 11:28 AM Wrote:why is the new owner calling you with problems?
[right][snapback]284081[/snapback][/right]

Beleive it or not, Im actually a nice guy. :rolleyes:

Quote:u should tell him to sign up and ask us himself

already did, dont think he uses a computer too much.
Flofocus,Apr 2 2009, 11:20 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 2 2009, 11:28 AM Wrote:why is the new owner calling you with problems?
[right][snapback]284081[/snapback][/right]

Beleive it or not, Im actually a nice guy. :rolleyes:

Quote:u should tell him to sign up and ask us himself

already did, dont think he uses a computer too much.
[right][snapback]284087[/snapback][/right]
I don't believe you. Prove it.
Prove what?

Anyways...

Battery is fine, eveything checked out good. We bump started it yesterday and the car started. Told him to order a starter and I'll install it on Sunday.