FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Race Night Racing Witout Clock Working...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since there was so many storms, the clock equipment wasnt fixed in time for tonight racing at the track, but they still opened and let people match heads up full open track.

it was not very fun not to have a slip, but it added a feeling of real street racing to the night since no one was seeing what another was running... :lol:

It was the first official races I had since I added the supercharger to the SVT, I had to relearn how to drive, the thing drives a lot different on a track than it did before.

I raced in order:

-Srt 4 with slicks - I lost to 6~8 car behind.
-04 tiburon - I win by 8~10 car lenght
-civic Si around 4 yrs old - I win by maybe 8~10 car lenght
-04 golf GTI 1.8 T - I won by 1 car lenght (bad launch)
-04 golf GTI 1.8 T - I won by 3 car lenght
-civic kinda done up- I won by 5~6 car lenght.

I got my buddy to take cool picture at the launch, it was very relax atmosphere and funny enough, I became friend with the GTI owner, he talk french too. its a rare thing here. He is a friend of Jay from timmins, his name is Mathieu, very cool guy.

I look forward to go run with clocks on, I need to know what my car is running.

also the stock svt tires are very bad for drag racing.

anyway, it was my night.

-Marc

:)
If I had slick, it would have been pretty fun against the srt 4, but I need a new clutch I think... I might have pulled a bad case of smoking the clutch while doing 1 burn out at the begining of the night. <_< Im not very proud of this one.... very newbie like, even thought I went down this track hundreds of times.... :(
Sounds like a lot of fun Marc

Must of been a blast. I too am looking into getting the jc s/c in the future unfortunately I have to get my roof reshingled so I'll have to put it off till next year <_< . Anyway I was curious as to how the car feels with the s/c and approx. how much power and torque has been added with it? I'd be curious to see how much the 0-60 times would improve by as well, if you have any figures.
What were you lauching at? When were you shifting?
guys, I dont have any number figure, but the car feel very very fun and has a lot better useable power than before.

when I raced, I launched around 3 500 rpm and was shifting at red line.

the Supercharger has changed the way I drive for the best of my car, I do not red line it anymore in the street, I used to before the SC, but now, even the low rpm feel strong and its a lot more fun to drive. I wish you could all try it for yourselves, but then I would not have any clutch left after.... ;)

-Marc
205whp in a focus.. YEA i totally see how that would be AMAZING.. that kind of power is the only thing missing from the focus

that GTI you raced was it chipped or anything or just stock