FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I've Got The Worst Luck In The World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

Okay, I must have the worst luck in the world. Such a bad week...

I was leaving my insurance company appt. for my break in a couple days ago, and figured I'd use my free car wash coupon at the local car wash. They do inside and out by hand, and put it thru the brush spinning thing to finish it.

I've been there before, and I know for a fact my car is too low, and my tires are too wide to fit in there. So I told both the guys at the entrance "don't put my car thru the automatic thing, it DOES NOT fit". They replied, said "okay, we'll do it all by hand". I said "thanks".

I went to the cashier, gave her my coupon, got my receipt, and went back to check on my car. To my DISMAY I see my car going thru the automatic part! Number one - how the hell did they get it in there? Number two - don't they fucken listen???

So I told the cashier, they put it thru the auto part when I told them both NOT TO. She didn't say much. So the whole time I was waiting I was fearing the worst. I just put my new rims on a few weeks ago, and they are in mint condition still, not a scracth.

So I pick it up at the exit, and immediately go to the parking lot to look things over. Every rim was fine cept for the drivers side front rim. There was a buncha scracthes on the outside, and a gouge out of one of the 'spokes'. So I was pissed, but calmed down and went back in. I told the cashier, and she called a man down. I politely told him my problem, and waited for his response. He told me its not his fault, and they don't cover that kind of stuff. So I started explaining how I told the guys at the entrance not to put it thru the auto. As I was talking...he started walking away!!! The nerve!!

So he walked away...I was pissed off...and asked to talk to the manager this time. THe cashier says - that was the manager! So I said call him back then please. He comes back from washing cars, and sees me waiting to talk to him again, and starts yelling at me.

"Come outside now and we'll passify the situation". Who the dam knows what he meant by that, but I went out and showed him the damage. He said "if it made it thru, then it fit". He said I must have hit a curb, and thats what the gouge was from. He said it would have scratched the whole rim if it was his machine, I said look it did fucken scratch the whole rim.

I didn't mean to swear, but I was pissed, he was being a complete ass, and that made him mad after that, and he started walkin away again. So I yelled "hey!" Only cuz I wasn't done talking to him yet. He yells back "don't ever come back here, we don't want your business, get outta here!" And started walkin back in again! So I told him I was coming back tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after. He yells back "dam OFF!" so my brother yells back "fuke-yuu ya big fucken cock sucker!" He flipped us off and walked back inside.

Haha, what a loser! Who treats their customers like that?

Sorry for the huge rant...but what would you guys do now? Should I call back, ask for a different manager/owner?

1.) I'm pissed about my gouged rim after I told them NOT TO
2.) THe guy was a major ASSHOLE!
small claims wont do to much becuase you asked the guys verbally... they'll all lie.

FUCKERS EH... best to just do things on your own.
Find out who the owner is, and go see him/her. If that doesn't do anything... then you're screwed man, people in Winnipeg are assholes, seriously... look at me :rolleyes: .
What is this place call and where? Any websites? Contacts? Phone? :lol:

I could have some fun :lol:
3 words. Better Business Buero.

Find out the GM or guy above the turd you talked too, and tell them you'll take them to court for damages an see what they do.

Might get a different answer when they get fed legal documents ;)
Exactly man. Last thing you need after the s**t you've had happen over the past few weeks is someone like that trying to dam with you. If nothing else, put a smear on their record by dragging their ass thru the legal system.
Yup. Also threaten to put them in the papers. That always scares them..
Word of mouth goes a long way. What's the place called and where's it located.
Bort,May 28 2004, 07:47 PM Wrote:3 words. Better Business Buero.
But "Buero" isnt a word :lol: ;)

-P@

01-yellow-ZX3

Thanks guys...

First of all, I'm not too worried about my rim anymore. I'm more worried about screwing this guy/place over. :lol:

I'm definitely gonna do my homework over the next couple days, find out the owner, talk to him, see how that goes, and go from there.

Definitely gonna look into the BBB also.

I'm a Business student, and I do this kinda s**t all the time, but its on paper, this time its in real life.

This guy is gonna fry!

Anyways...its called Soapy's car wash. Don't go there. If you do, ask for a guy named Al, then flip him off.

Edit: Thanks for the BBB link. It looks like I gotta contact the company first, then go through the Better Business Bureau. So I'm trying to find out the owner and contact info as we speak, so I can call him tomorrow. If hes a dink like the manager - then I'll tell him I'm honestly going to fill out the BBB forms.

01-yellow-ZX3

Little update: Called the owner and left a voicemail, just waiting for his reply.

I just found out today that the carwash is closing down on June 1st. Dayum, that kinda works against me.
Damn that sucks... and all I can think of now is "hey, I'm not alone in my car wash woes."

Yours is a tad more serious than mine tho :( I hope you actually get somewhere with the BBB and getting some cash to cover the damage.
01-yellow-ZX3,May 28 2004 Wrote:If you do, ask for a guy named Al, then flip him off.
That's what Microbunny does at every meet with me.