FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: "big 3" Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

I am trying to identify the positive terminal on the back of the alternator. I see a quarter-sized flat red cap on the back of the alternator. This is attached to a grey plastic post that points perpendicular to the red cap, towards the back of the engine. There is an (8awg??) red wire attached with a bolt to the end of this post. Is this the right point to attach my new positive wire?? I can't see any other wires back there - there are too many other engine parts in the way!!

If this is the right connection point, why do I need to remove that red cap?? I can't see what's underneath of it, because of the angle, but there seems to be a nut of some sort (by feel.) The red wire attached to the end of this post says "fuselink" on it - I think that is just the brand of wire or something? And not a label of what the wire does?

So is this the right spot to attach my wire? Can I just remove the nut holding this red fuselink wire and attach my new wire to the end as well?
I'm pretty sure... almost positive that this is the positive output from the alternator.
FWIW my multimeter confirms that it is at least on the same circuit as the positive battery terminal.