FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Release Bearing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight when my car was idling I could here this ticking from my engine bay. It was werid. I then put the clutch in then it stopped. Let the clutch out and tick tick tick. It never did this before. I installed my UDP's tonight took it for a rip and then sitting and the lot and tick tick tick tick? You think its my bearing?
i have the same thing!! omg it drives me nuts it started at like 3000 Km. i now have 17000 and it dose it once and a while still

apparently its "gear roll over noise?" can sumone give us more info on this
I hoping its just the fact the bearing needs to be oiled up. Im thinking its maybe try and causing it to tick. Thats just a theory. Im hoping.
thabrat,May 23 2004, 09:05 AM Wrote:Tonight when my car was idling I could here this ticking from my engine bay. It was werid. I then put the clutch in then it stopped. Let the clutch out and tick tick tick. It never did this before. I installed my UDP's tonight took it for a rip and then sitting and the lot and tick tick tick tick? You think its my bearing?
hey jason.......i know what it is....the same thing happend to me....so i went to ford and we discoverd that it is the clutch wheel and there has been a note posted at ford for this problem......i had mine replaced and th noise disappeared.....go and get it fixed soon or more problemes will appear

good luck

tyler
Im going to try and avoid driving my car till I can get it into the shop this Saturday.