FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Sedan Bumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw a bunch of Fords on the back of a truck yesterday including a couple sedans. I finally found something about the 2005's I like, the rear bumper has some nice louvres. Unlike the picture below it was colour matched and looked quite good:

<a href='http://www.autosite.com/images/edphotos/previews/fullsize/2005-ford-focus-rear.jpg'>[Image: 2005-ford-focus-rear.jpg]</a>

The bumper cover appears to be one piece right up to the belt line. I'm guessing it cannot be swapped onto an older Focus? Any talk on the other boards?
They won't fit...I compared mine and the ST side-by-side and the taillights and the way the trunk lid close make it different...and where it meets by the fenders..same story...it's a slightly different shape!!

I don't thnk there is any way this bumper would fit!!

Also...the new 05's with the body-color rear are the ones other than the ST. From what I can tell, the ST is the only new sedan with that cladding...but i havent seen all the models to be 100% sure!!
On the Ford website they show the rear of a ZX5....its has sort of what looks like a little mid wing....

Looks stupid. Just thought I'd post that. :lol:
2001 ZTS,May 21 2004, 08:56 AM Wrote:The bumper cover appears to be one piece right up to the belt line. I'm guessing it cannot be swapped onto an older Focus? Any talk on the other boards?
Even if the body lines matched, I'm sure ford has changed the bumper mounts behind it, and it probaly wouldnt bolt on. The only nice alternative to the 99-04 Sedan rear is to get the european focus sedan rear bumper.