FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Options On A 2001 Focus Sport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all

can you guys please let me know what options come with the 2001 focus sport model. my GF is getting one and i want to get all the possible options on it.

so far i know it comes with
power windows and locks,
AC
Cruse control

but what else does it have?
Faulty parts. :ph34r:

OOPS. sorry, not an option.
It comes with that.
2001 focus sedan SE.
The sport group was an option in that year not a standalone model as they are now. When equipping an 01 Focus Se Sedan you start with:
Air, 2.0L spi engine, manual, air, cd, manual windows and mirrors, 14" wheels etc.

Now the options from that base model were:

Sedan Sport group (which is what you said you wanted)
- zetec, 15": wheels/tires, fog lamps, lthr steering wheel, Tach, spoiler

Comfort group
- rear seat head restraints, speed control, map lights, tilt/tele wheel

Power group
- windows, mirrors

auto transmision

Anti Lock Brakes

Side air bags

Hope this helps.

Graham
"sport model" or "sport edition"? Two different things.

Edit: Its American but should help:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Gla...VIP&tab=2&sub=0
make sure you get the

'full service records' options with that focus

take a look at where the person's been taking it to get serviced and check if its one of the focus that has been in the shop 1335454 times

well im getting it used right from the Auction, so i'm not really paying any extra for any options for that matter. the only thing is that i like to get some idea of what is avaiable for that year in regards to options.

i was also looking at ZTS for that same model year and i really like it but its about 2k more then the SE Sport so i guess we ae just going to get the SE sport one instead.
Service records aren't always relevant since the only way they show up is if the vehicle was serviced at a Ford Dealer that WAS using Ford's Service program.

AND if it was a Daily rental then there is a good chance that work was done at a private shop or in house.

If it were me I would try to find an 02 with some warranty left.

By the way I happen to have on my lot a dark REd 2002 ZTS (16" wheels) manual, cloth, and only 24,000 kms, good shape and only $14,900.

Just wanted to say that if you want to buy a focus from a dealer, call lumpy. Awesome dealership, great service and not total hosers. :lol:

That's where I bought mine. B)
i have a 2000 se sport sedan... i got the following...
The only thing missing is leather seats i think... and in 2001 i think the moonroof came out.

Zetec Engine
15" Wheels / Tires
Fog Lights
Leater Steering Wheel
Tach
Spoiler
Cruise Control
Cd Player
Air Conditioning
Tit / Tele-Scope
Map Lights
Power Windows
Power Mirriors
Power Locks
Remote Entry
Auto Trans.
Anti Lock Brakes
Driver / Passenger Front Air Bags Only
Driver's Seat Moves Up n Down... i have no idea... better visibility over the huge steering wheel.

Here's what I have:

2001 Focus SE sedan, SPI SOHC motor (great on gas!), ATX auto transmission (4 speed with lockup torque convertor).

- air conditioning
- remote trunk release
- keyless 2-stage entry (love it!)
- CD deck with 4 speakers (impressive little thing :blink: )
- 14" steel wheels with wheel covers, 185/60R14 tires
- 60/40 split folding rear seats (think they were standard on all Focus models)
*scratches head*

Not sure what else, but it's a nice ride!

Go for the aluminum wheels... I'm constantly muttering about a set to the better half. Not just for the obvious handling upgrade... they just look sweet.

Other than that, not sure what else to say. I've driven the ZETEC sedans (ZTS et al.), and while they do have a bit more kick... the SPIs are noticeably easier on gas. It's all about personal preference.