FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Saw The New Focus Hatch Yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if anyone else posted this or saw it but, on the 400 going to Barrie I spotted my first new 2005 focus ZX3 hatchback!

After I got home I checked in the 05' book and it was painted a color called Blazing Copper Clearcoat Metallic! From the rear it looks the same...at least what I could tell but the front end had the full face-lift as on the new 2005 ZX4 & ZXW. The rims on it were the same 15" rims that were on 2000-02' with the spokey design. I had em on my old 2000 ZTS!

The grill was sweet...rather than the crappy grey plastic on the ST it was a black x-pattern grill with dark-chrome surrounding it!! (looked pimp)

No plastic cladding...but the mirrors and handles were not painted!! guess that is not standard for 05'?!?!?

The rear, like I said, looked the same...same taillights, wiper, brake light...but it did have a sorta different looking rear bumper...similar to the ST, but again, with no cladding.

The windows were tinted a nice degree and the tailpipe was a nice chrome tip!!

Looking good hatchy fans!!!

p.s. I jacked this from some jerkass on ummmm....

<a href='http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/microbunny/05_zx3_copper.jpg'>[Image: 05_zx3_copper.jpg]</a>
That front with an OEM euro rear would look pretty tight....

Im still unclear... are the 2005 models (other than the ST) all equiped with the new 2.0 litre duratec, or the same old iron zetec? Anyone know?

-P@
All the non-ST's I saw the other day were duratecs!
Sweet!!!! I might buy another focus yet!!!!
I can't say for sure about the base models!!??

:unsure:
microbunny,May 16 2004, 05:53 PM Wrote:All the non-ST's I saw the other day were duratecs!
really? hhrrrmmmm :unsure:
Well if were going the same route as the U.S. all models will now come equipped with the 2.0 Duratec... except for the ZX4St with the 2.3l (except the Green States which offer the 2.3 PZEV as an option at all levels). The Zetec is no more!!! And this is good new cuz people with the 2.0 Duratec are making sik power up till 8500! In fact theyre making the same power as those with the 2.3 at 7500rpm.

-P@
mazda3 is pretty much a reskinned euro spec focus right?

i wonder how the old chassis and new chassis compare