FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wiring Fogs As Turns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not that I do or don't wanna do this....just curious..

Does anyone know if you can wire your turns down to your fog lights??

hmm... I've heard of people actually doing that, & I'm sure it would not be too hard to do. More then likely if you are indeed wanting to lose the fog lights it's more or less a matter of moving the light & wiring down to where your wanting it to be.
It depends if you want them to only light up as signal lights or if you want them on as parking lights that will flash "off" to signal.

If you wire them to the signal light wire in the grill, they'll blink only when signalling. If you wire them to the side bumper light, they'll blink when signalling, but will light up with the parking/headlights and flash off when signalling.

You might have a problem with the amount of power though.. since the foglights normally get a lot more power than the little signal lights. Dont know how well that will work.
I'm thinking to wire it so the light will only be on when blinking for a turn...essentailly they will have no other fuction any more..

I was thinking about the power issue too...and if you wire them from the grill turn wiring...then it may not be bright enough...plus you'll have to find amber bulbs...and make the harness fit into the fog light housings/...
If that's your plan, it might be simplest to just take the bulb socket/bulb from the grill, extend the wires.. cut the back of the fog light housings off and silicone the signal housing onto the back.

It might a better idea to try on a set of doner fogs from a junked focus though.

That would eliminate the problem of underpowering the foglights, and getting an amber bulb in there.
isn't that going to be really dumb looking?

just get a euro front bumper or euro lights of some sort if you just wanna get the turn signals out of the grille

or is this a new maDD TiTe fad that i'm not clued in on ?

:D
shut up naz..

im just curious ...

:lol:
The Fog light housings may not be really good for blinkers. I would probaly go to the auto parts store like princess auto or crappy tire and find some kind of automotive turn signals and use those instead. Maybe you can even take out your fogs and put those in there instead too? just a thought!
microbunny,May 14 2004, 11:04 PM Wrote:shut up naz..

im just curious ...

i have a better idea bro

you should wire up windshield washer nozzle LEDs as turn signals

MaDD hoTT TiTe ShiZZle y0

hahahaa

just playing with you man
bastard!!

naz,May 15 2004, 01:23 AM Wrote:
microbunny,May 14 2004, 11:04 PM Wrote:shut up naz..

im just curious ...

i have a better idea bro

you should wire up windshield washer nozzle LEDs as turn signals

MaDD hoTT TiTe ShiZZle y0

hahahaa

just playing with you man
haha very funny naz....you dont forget anything do ya???

tyler