FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best Way To Fix This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a wee mishap with an old lady at Zehrs!

No damage other than scratches but, they look ugly as hell@!

What is the best way to go about fixing it without spending alot of dough!!$$ touch up paint? anything?

<a href='http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/microbunny/damage.jpg'>[Image: damage.jpg]</a>
Some fine (400 or finer) sandpaper, spray bomb, and clearcoat-in-a-can. Buffing after.
where do I get all this stuff
microbunny,May 11 2004, 11:49 AM Wrote:where do I get all this stuff
Body shop supply store....
You wouldn't believe how well my ding came out with a little elbow grease and some rubbing compound.

See how well it comes out by hand first.
Micro Bunny, pick up some touch up paint at your ford dealer. then come to my house and I'll show you how to do the rest, including wet-sanding, buffing, and clearcoating.
Paul(s)

Let me know when you're planning on doing this so Mississauga paul can do my scratches too.
Paul, i thought your sedan was beige? that car looks grey.
it IS beige, either he took the photo in low-light conditions, or he doesnt know how to use his camera :lol: :lol:
j3rt,May 11 2004, 03:55 PM Wrote:Paul, i thought your sedan was beige? that car looks grey.
You know it's beige....jeremy man!!

and paul..shut up...I'll take a low-light condition picture of my foot up your ass!!
scratch-x?

that s**t works wonders....
that reminds me of my car, i got scratches like that too. one in the front just like yours and i got one on my rear bumper. when you figure out how to do yours, lemmie know.
Go buy a brand new gray bumper... ;)
I ... uhm... got some Finesse-It from.. uh.. the Store

As chance would have it, its what they use in the Paint shop at the plant to fix such things!

Stuff kicks total Monkey ass....
Well when I had my Black Focus Sport Sedan, My sister backed into a garbage can and really really badly scraped up the passenger side of my rear bumper on the car &lt;_&lt; . I got some Ford touch up paint from the dealership &amp; I just went over all the scraches with the little paint brush that came with it &amp; it dryed in minutes.

Needless to say no one noticed that it was damaged in that area when I took the car back when I got it appraised when my lease ended on that car. :lol: