FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How's This For Focus Talk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here we go:

I'm working on getting a FocusCanada.net (North Bay chapter) / EB Games Ford Racing OR Gran Turismo 3 tournament.

The reason I can do this is because I know the manager of the EB Games at Northgate Square (our really good mall). If this goes well, I'll have a second one at the North Bay Mall. (their other EB Games location in North Bay)

Everything is sketchy still, but the premise is either Ford Racing or GT3 on PS2. One lap of rally racing, or maybe a quick two-lapper... with modded Focuses. Best time wins for rally racing, or it'll be a knockout tournament for the circuit style. The tournament will be limited to Focus drivers (leased and owned), but the draw will be for everyone, so we don't appear secular or anything like that.

I'm going to come up with some cash to get a couple of games for giveaways (one to the tourney winner, one as a draw), and getting EB to hopefully throw in something as well. Given my good buddy is the asst. mgr. as well, I'll probably get games posters, some used games, etc etc.

We'll have it on a nice big CRT or maybe projection TV, and maybe out in the middle of the mall walkway.

I'm gonna need some large graphics that I can print out at work on the plotter... or spread over several 8.5" x 14" legal sheets of paper. 11" x 17" sheets also works. I'll take care of the printing, I just need a hand with the graphic design.

What do you guys think? Oh, and Paparoach... I expect to see you and your clan make a guest appearance at the tourney :P

This will hopefully REALLY raise Focus owner/driver awareness of our clubs (club?), and if OFOC wants billing on this, let me know and supply appropriate graphics for me. I'll take care of the rest.

Do I need to mention there will be piles of pictures from the event? We're working on a July date, either before or after our vacation. Barring that, it'll be the middle of August. I'm also working on getting the local rock radio station to promote us, and the two Ford dealers as well.
No-one likes this idea? :(

I think it will go a long way in opening up peoples' eyes that the Focus is quite the car!

Also, I'd like permission of the owners of nicely-modded (could be anyone really) Focuses to use their cars' pictures at the gaming day.

If you link some nice high-quality pics here, I'll print them off on a professional colour laserjet printer and have them at the show. Accreditation for the owner and mods done can be easily accomodated.

Yeah you might even see me show up you never know... :D