FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Factory Freak?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We did a baseline dyno run before adding anything to the car. This is the best out of 4 pulls on the Mustang Dyno. All pulls were within 1.2 peak whp of each other (numbers dropped as the car got hotter).

<a href='http://www.davanthegeek.com/posts/focusdyno.jpg'>[Image: focusdyno.jpg]</a>

I questioned the results, but apparently the dyno was just recalibrated a couple days previous.

Also that day, an SVT Contour with an intake pulled 170 fwhp. An 03 SVT Cobra put down 403 rwhp with simple bolt-ons and a chip. A Dodge diesel truck put down almost 500 ft-lbs of torque! :D
oops....mis-read the post
I'm not sure if this might be anything or not, but from what I understand the svt weighs about 2770 lbs and a mustang dyno uses the wieght of the car to load it properly and therefore comes up with the numbers through this process. On your dyno sheet it says 2875 lbs this could be a reason for some of the numbers being a little off not sure, but even still 100 lbs should not make that much of a difference.

Either way those are some sweet numbers, since a mustang dyno I believe is usually 15-20% less then a dynojet. :D Now time for some modifications :D
The weight figure was also with me in the car. The mods are coming... there are some sitting in trunk waiting to be installed, actually. :D