FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sedan Flipped On It's Roof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My pops passed by this accident today and was stuck long enough to notice it was a focus!!

He said a 2002+ liquid grey sedan was flipped on it's roof less than 50 feet from a sign saying "Bridgeport Rd. 300M"...He said there was at least 2 other vehicles involved including, possibly, a white Trans AM ..he thinks another small-size vehicle too!

Anyone else spot this? Hopefully nobody on this board! :o
looks like street racing season is back
:blink:
Quote:looks like street racing season is back
:blink:

because there was a trans am that means racing

can sumone fill me in here i think i'm missing somthing
well.. lets see.. what causes vehicles to flip over

a) lots of speed
b ) driving aggressively
c) cornering near/above a vehicle's limits
d) driver stupidity

there aren't many things that have all these elements.. street racing is one of them

lets hear your theory man

how did that vehicle end up flipping over while it was being driven by a granny on the way to get groceries?
naz,May 5 2004, 01:36 AM Wrote:well.. lets see.. what causes vehicles to flip over

a) lots of speed
My friend had his ford Tempo flipped over, So I guess my friend was racing in his Tempo before that happened? :P :P
what was he doing? even if he wasn't racing clearly he being a dumb f u c k

and you know what.. i've seen everything from stock automatic neons to geo metros to toyota tercels being assclowned.. so ya.. i'd believe it if someone said he was racing his tempo..

i am not understanding what you guys find so hard to understand.. to flip a vehicle you have to be ass clowning it pretty damn good. or just get t boned really hard

have any of you even driven a vehicle to the point of spinning it on dry ground? you'd know how hard you'd have to be driven just to get the ends of a focus to swap.. and you' have to be doing that plus hit a bad crack in the concrete to flip
I'm with Naz... stock cars need a lot of help to flip.. and if that help doesn't come from another car, curb, or excessive stupidity, the car ain't gonna flip.

ok, speed limit is 50kph, I'll just stay at 49kph to be safe. Oh, someone's merging in, I should change to the inside lane... check blind spot, signal, slowly steer out..... whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!.

how'd I end up on my roof???
I just saw a car flipp over this week-end on the way to London. It was pooring rain, not to sure what happened to the car in front of the one that flipped, but it caused the car in front of me to swerve, they lost control in the rain hit the side curb and voila, the car flipped twice landing on its roof about 20-30 feet away from the 401.

...so naz....add bad weather to your list :P
Flofocus,May 5 2004, 02:00 PM Wrote:I just saw a car flipp over this week-end on the way to London. It was pooring rain, not to sure what happened to the car in front of the one that flipped, but it caused the car in front of me to swerve, they lost control in the rain hit the side curb and voila, the car flipped twice landing on its roof about 20-30 feet away from the 401.

sounds like the driver wasn't driving to the conditions... don't go blaming weather for people's inability to drive appropriately for the weather.

:P
darkpuppet,May 5 2004, 10:14 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 5 2004, 02:00 PM Wrote:I just saw a car flipp over this week-end on the way to London.  It was pooring rain, not to sure what happened to the car in front of the one that flipped, but it caused the car in front of me to swerve, they lost control in the rain hit the side curb and voila, the car flipped twice landing on its roof about 20-30 feet away from the 401. 

...so naz....add bad weather to your list  :P
sounds like the driver wasn't driving to the conditions... don't go blaming weather for people's inability to drive appropriately for the weather.

:P
I was following him. We were driving 60Km/hr on the 401 on a Friday afternoon exiting Toronto. Speed was NOT a factor here.
Flofocus,May 5 2004, 02:00 PM Wrote:caused the car in front of me to swerve, they lost control in the rain hit the side curb and voila, the car flipped twice landing on its roof about 20-30 feet away from the 401.

that doesn't sound like bad weather.. sounds like driver error to me

sounds like that person yanked the wheel hard, induced oversteer, lost it and stuffed the car into the curb

and that was probably started off in the first place by the guy following way close to the car in front

that would be b ) and d) in my orig list

that's the most sorry excuse ever.. it was the weather man.. the weather! hahahahaha when i am driving around in the winter doing some light drifting around the corners.. do you think i'm going to say. oh yo the road was slippery.. no i'd be saying.. i was driving hard and i lost it.. sucks to be me
naz,May 5 2004, 02:52 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 5 2004, 02:00 PM Wrote:caused the car in front of me to swerve, they lost control in the rain hit the side curb and voila, the car flipped twice landing on its roof about 20-30 feet away from the 401. 

...so naz....add bad weather to your list  :P
that doesn't sound like bad weather.. sounds like driver error to me

sounds like that person yanked the wheel hard, induced oversteer, lost it and stuffed the car into the curb

and that was probably started off in the first place by the guy following way close to the car in front

that would be b ) and d) in my orig list

that's the most sorry excuse ever.. it was the weather man.. the weather! hahahahaha when i am driving around in the winter doing some light drifting around the corners.. do you think i'm going to say. oh yo the road was slippery.. no i'd be saying.. i was driving hard and i lost it.. sucks to be me
But if the roads were clear, he wouldnt have lost control like that anyways.

So your logic doesnt make any sense.
What is it that I remember about fords and firestones.

An inexperienced driver + tire blow out (100% failure) = danger

Flofocus,May 5 2004, 06:56 PM Wrote:But if the roads were clear, he wouldnt have lost control like that anyways.

dude

it doesn't matter what the conditions are. drivers are suppose to adjust their driving technique to the road conditions.

totally his fault

naz,May 5 2004, 05:35 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 5 2004, 06:56 PM Wrote:But if the roads were clear, he wouldnt have lost control like that anyways.

dude

it doesn't matter what the conditions are. drivers are suppose to adjust their driving technique to the road conditions.

totally his fault
and thats why we adjusted to 60km/hr on a 100km/hr highway. ;)
Flofocus,May 6 2004, 01:10 PM Wrote:
naz,May 5 2004, 05:35 PM Wrote:

dude

totally his fault
and thats why we adjusted to 60km/hr on a 100km/hr highway. ;)
.............and neglegted to at least double his following distance and probably a few other things.

d) driver stupidity

All accidents are preventable.

60, 100, 200, 30 The car you saw flip was doing something wrong, likely following too close, which caused some sort of panic manouever when the lead car swerved. That resulted in the car being "tripped" by the curb. Cars DO NOT have a natural tendency to be rubber side up, someone puts them there.

So your saying weather never ever plays a role in some accidents.

sure guys....sure..... :rolleyes:
Flofocus,May 6 2004, 01:33 PM Wrote:So your saying weather never ever plays a role in some accidents.

Weather is probably the number one reason. What is being said is that JUST slowing down to 60 was not enough in this case.

Slowing down to 60 and putting a safe distance between oneself and the car in front is enough and it appears that wasn't done.

If it was a Focus, on stock tires and in rain no less it needs an especially tremendous "safety zone" between it and the car in front.

ALL ACCIDENTS ARE PREVENTABLE
Flofocus,May 6 2004, 01:33 PM Wrote:So your saying weather never ever plays a role in some accidents.

yes. i will make that statement..

the DRIVER decides how the car should be setup (ie snow tires/chains v. all seasons... AWD/4WD v. 2WD with open diff) ... the DRIVER decides how the vehicle is operated (ie following distance, speed).. the DRIVER decides whether or not to take an interest in improving their skills (ie taking car control classes/autoXing/whatever v. thinking "i got MADDD SkILLz y0')

driver follows too closely.. driver doesn't have the skill to save the vehicle from ramming the curb.. that's their fault..

god really.. this is so typical of people these days.. always trying to find ways to blame something else... oooh its the weather.. oooh its the other car...

its always the DRIVER's fault.. period.

EDIT: ok fine.. if a lunatic who wants to commit suicide jumps in front of car.. that's not the driver's fault
naz,May 6 2004, 10:18 AM Wrote:god really.. this is so typical of people these days.. always trying to find ways to blame something else... oooh its the weather.. oooh its the other car...
No not really trying to blame on someone else, I just cant see how every accident is driver related.

A deer jumps out in front of your car....you have NO TIME TO DO ANYTHING BUT HIT IT. Drivers fault? or Deers Fault? I betcha your gonna say well the driver should have had "seat time" for autoxing and he would have been able to swerve safely without hitting any oncoming traffic and keep driving as if nothing happened :rolleyes:

OR

Your carrying a 40 foot camping trailer with your Dodge Ram pickup, a gust of wind comes by and knocks over the trailer causing the truck to flip onto its side....Freak weather, yes, can it happen? I've seen it. But I know....the driver should have made some custome spoilers to direct the wind so that would have never happened :rolleyes:

OR

Oo! Oo! this is a good one....cuz it happened to me....Drunk driver runs a stop sign and smokes you on the side almost killing you and your GF....I know, I know.....I should have accelerated to prevent the crash.....or stopped completely since I was on a highway and stuff.... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Did you sell your car yet :P

Pages: 1 2