FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: European Grille
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

<a href='http://www.davanthegeek.com/posts/0500204/grille02.jpg'>[Image: grille02.jpg]

*don't mind the bug splatters :D *

I couldn't put my red SVT Ford emblem on the new grille because it's a different size. The new grille has the flip-up Ford emblem that hides a locking hood release.

I think the grille looks pretty sweet! :)
SVTDavan,May 3 2004, 05:24 PM Wrote:*don't mind the bug splatters :D *
some bugs die happy...

nice grill man..looks sharp B)
What are you using for turn signals?
I've got it so the bulbs don't come on with the headlights, but still flash when signalling. They are mounted in the corners behind the grille. :)
Quote:I've got it so the bulbs don't come on with the headlights, but still flash when signalling. They are mounted in the corners behind the grille.

u Defintly have to tell us how to do this !
_JC_,May 3 2004, 08:02 PM Wrote:
Quote:I've got it so the bulbs don't come on with the headlights, .

u Defintly have to tell us how to do this !
Wire cutters, snip, snip

Which of the three wires I can't remember but I'm sure somebody with MACHs or one of the Ford Europe head lamps may still have their instructions lying around.
There are three wires going into each bulb socket. Just cut and tape off the MIDDLE wire. On the passenger side it was the wire that is orange and green. Drivers side, two of the wires were orange and green... but it's just the middle one on both sides.
SVTDavan,May 3 2004, 04:10 PM Wrote:There are three wires going into each bulb socket. Just cut and tape off the MIDDLE wire. On the passenger side it was the wire that is orange and green. Drivers side, two of the wires were orange and green... but it's just the middle one on both sides.
Yes...he is correct!!

I did mine a year ago!! ;)
SVTDavan,May 3 2004, 03:10 PM Wrote:There are three wires going into each bulb socket. Just cut and tape off the MIDDLE wire. On the passenger side it was the wire that is orange and green. Drivers side, two of the wires were orange and green... but it's just the middle one on both sides.
Amazing. Always wondered how to do that. Where did you pick up that grille? :) Lookin sweet dude :)
Nice Grille Davan. I always thought the 99-01 Euro grille would go well with the SVT grille, but by lookin at your pics, the 02 and + grille does look good with the SVT bumper/lower grille combo. Very nice. Oh and as for turn signals, did u just stick the bulbs behind the grille with no lens over them? or did u put them into some sort of lens? Cus I find that they are not as bright ght gets more diffused without some sort of lens arround them. I recommend u get some euro headlihgts soon with integrated turn signals, Noice Work
Yeah, there is no lens over the bulbs. It is rather dim. I was thinking about going to crappy tire to see if I could find some generic type round housing that would fit... or just put in some brighter bulbs... :D
I heard of many people using Motorcycle turn signals behind their euro grille. I;ve even considered doin it myself, but got the mach hids instead. The motor cycle ones seem like they will work the best.