FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stereo Bezel Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tools needed:
DIN removal tools
7mm socket
phillips screwdriver

Process:
1. Remove stereo
nice job on how to remove that piece.

my car looks like pic #3 there, no stereo bezel. for now.
does anyone know if you can change the color of the A/C controls, i looking to go from green to blue?
just pull really hard :unsure:
DD1,May 1 2004, 10:54 PM Wrote:just pull really hard :unsure:
is that what you say to your wife.....
al the time :D
you lie...
sorry.............................................................................................. :ph34r:
ohhh its ok man
j3rt,May 1 2004, 09:35 PM Wrote:does anyone know if you can change the color of the A/C controls, i looking to go from green to blue?
Its been tried SEVERAL times, including two attempts by my. Once u remove the black bezel peice this will make more sense to you, but the "green" color you see is actually the color the plastic itself on the back. remove the bezel hold it up to the light and look at it from the back. You'll see what I am talking about

Needless to say, it can't be changed.

Now what you CAN change is this:

the three lights on the three bottom black buttons: AC, circulation, and rear window defrost. the little circles have leds behind them that can be swaped out. they are flat led's though so make sure u order the right kind. I can tell u where to get em. Its an easy job if ur handy with a soldering iron.

the lighting dial can be changed also, they are leds from what i hear I haven't done this one yet myself.
Nice writeup guilty.
Hey do u think that the Cigarette lighter outlet can be removed without removing the stereo bezel? let me know.
microbunny,May 1 2004, 09:01 PM Wrote:
DD1,May 1 2004, 10:54 PM Wrote:just pull really hard :unsure:
is that what you say to your wife.....
Could you guys try and keep the post whoring in Off Topic please? Or better yet in private messages.
paolo,May 2 2004, 09:26 AM Wrote:Nice writeup guilty.
Hey do u think that the Cigarette lighter outlet can be removed without removing the stereo bezel? let me know.
I'm not too sure how to take it out at all actually.. I just taped it off to paint it.
I dont know if you can see in the picture, but there's a big round part on the back of it that doesnt fit through the hole.. There has to be a way to get it out, but not sure if you can do it without breaking it.

I might be different for the different models that have the lighted ring around the lighter.. I think that might only have been really early models though.
Where can I get the DIN rmeoval tools?
Don't bother with the DIN tools, just use 4 long framing nails. That is what I used, works awesome.... save the cash.....
paolo,May 2 2004, 09:26 AM Wrote:Nice writeup guilty.
Late reply on this but you can remove it quite easily. You first remove the silver lighter insert, there is a tab on the side of the unit (where the green and silver pieces meet) which you can very slightly pry and then push the silver one out the front of the bezel. I pryed it with a small flathead screwdriver (like an eyeglass one).

Next you can twist the green insert and push it out diagonally, you don't have to pull it hard or jam it, it's very simple and you'll hit yourself upside the head when you see how simple it is. I tried for about an hour to get it out and when I did figure it out, it only took maybe 30 seconds if that.... :D
S2 Steeda,Jun 28 2004, 09:49 AM Wrote:Don't bother with the DIN tools, just use 4 long framing nails. That is what I used, works awesome.... save the cash.....
Good, thanks for that info mawn!!

I still havent installe dmy guauges...i was looking at it yesterday and it seems like I have to tear out a lot more than just the piece under the steering wheel to get it over to the ECU...dam....thaqts one thing I NEVER wanted to do on my car is take apart the dash, I've been lucky so far being able to thread the wire without removing...shitty.
Yeah when you use the nails, if they have bigger heads (the part you hit with a hammer) it will work better, but it works really easily, might take you a minute or two to get it to work but it's way cheaper than spending the cash on those DIN tools. Little trick I learned from an old buddy of mine who is probably in the slammer for car audio theft by now....lol....

When you put the nails in, try to squeeze them with each hand, what I mean is put the two nails on the right side in your right hand (grab them in your fist) and vise versa for the other side and then when you go to pull them, pull them away from the middle to apply pressure to the clips. Basically.... here....

Grab the two nails on the left with your left hand and then grab the two nails on the right with your right hand. While holding the nails in your hand, try to pull the left nails towards the drivers door and the right nails towards the passengers door, then pull them out towards the inside of the car. The HU should slip out quite easily. There isn't alot of play on the back of the HU for wiring, pretty tight so you will probably have to hold the HU so it doesn't bang up the stereo bezel. Unplug everything..... good to go....
Another thing that works besides the DIN removal tools and nails are the little silver precision screw drivers. These are the ones that you could use on glasses and small screws. Basically get 4 of them (doesn't matter what head type) and stick them into the 4 holes found on the deck. Then pull the left ones to the left and the right ones to the right to squeeze the clips and pull the deck towards you!
I picked up a DIN removal tool at Wal-Mart for something like 7 bucks.
Pages: 1 2