FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Redline Rendezvous - July 23 To 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The one and only Canadian stop on the SVTOA Regional On Track Tour for 2004. 4th Annual SVTOA Redline Rendezvous, at the Dunnville Autodrome on July 23-25, 2004, presented by the SVTOA Eastern Canada Region together with both the Toronto and Eastern Ontario Chapters. Come join us and put your driving skills to the test.

SVTOA On Track Events are driving schools open to all current SVTOA members. To be a current SVTOA member, you need to have a current membership (i.e. hasn't expired), and you also need to be driving a Ford-family product. SVTOA is open to ALL owners of Ford Family vehicles, including SVT, Ford (non-SVT), Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Volvo, and Land Rover. From novice to the experienced driver, this is your chance to see what you, as a driver, and your vehicle can do.

We welcome back SVTOA Lead Instructor Jeff Lacina for a 3rd year. Jeff has a lot of track time under his tires and is bringing with him a number of skilled instructors to assist him and to help teach all of us how to better handle our vehicles. Even if you're a seasoned track dog, or you've never set foot onto a road course, you are guaranteed to have lots of fun.

We are confident this will be our best year to date and we want to see YOU out On Track this year.

Schedule of Events:

Friday, July 23
Meet 'n Greet and Pre Registration at Best Western

Saturday, July 24
Registration/Tech Inspection
On-Track Driving Activities and Open Track
Dinner at Best Western Brant Park Inn

Sunday, July 25
Registration/Tech Inspection
Open Track on the Road Course

*Tentative

Sponsoring Chapters
- SVTOA - Toronto
- SVTOA - Eastern Ontario

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! If you are a member of SVTOA, please log into the SVTOA National Website and download the required forms. The website will also have tech inspection details. If you are not a member and/or require additional information, shoot me a PM or email Richard at svtwannabe@sympatico.ca. He will get you the appropriate name(s)/numbers.

Hope to see some folks there!
ya
totally man!
fuke-yuu its my turn to whore <_<
fo shizzle don izzle
GapBoyPCS,Apr 30 2004, 10:22 PM Wrote:SVTOA is open to ALL owners of Ford Family vehicles, including SVT, Ford (non-SVT), Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Land Rover.
I feel sorry for Volvo T5 owners. I guess Volvo was inadvertantly omitted.
On-Track information should be in your mailboxes already.

bluetoy, you're in the flyer this year! B)
ondafritz,May 16 2004, 12:05 PM Wrote:
GapBoyPCS,Apr 30 2004, 10:22 PM Wrote:SVTOA is open to ALL owners of Ford Family vehicles, including SVT, Ford (non-SVT), Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Land Rover.
I feel sorry for Volvo T5 owners. I guess Volvo was inadvertantly omitted.
Nah...the XC70 Cross Country on the track put all of them to shame last year :lol:
We just released our website:

2004 SVTOA REDLINE RENDEZVOUS

If you want a better idea of what our event is like, visit the Gallery section of our site. We also have all applicable contact information and registration/tech inspection forms.

We'd also like to especially thank these folks, who also support the Focus community in Canada:

- Steelcase Tires N Mags
- MustangToyStore.com a.k.a DaSilva Racing
- Steeda.ca
Here's an update:

- We currently have over 30 people signed up for the event. We have quite a number of Foci coming, especially from Michigan. Right now, there's a Mazda RX7 owner that's coming out to play. Remember, all Ford and Ford-family vehicles are welcome to play.

- Hotel rooms are going fast. If you're planning to stay at the Best Western in Brantford, do it now. All neighbouring hotels in and around Brantford (even in Hamilton) are all booked up.

Registration is still open, but not for much longer. If you have any questions, please email me.

I'll probably run a few laps this year...let's hope bluetoy doesn't hold me back again this year :lol:
I have the flyer saved. I won't be there so you'll have clear track ahead!!!
It seems a little vague about just how much track time we will get each day.

What I'm looking for is how much unrestricted lapping time we will get.

Will there be passing, signaled or not?
Will there be different level run groups?
Will each period be broken down into sessions and if so how long will they be.
Why do we have to tech both days?

I just don't want to spend $400 for 1hr of lapping time over two days where I could be stuck an unable to pass some slow ass Mustang or Focus owner.
Euro Ford Fan,Jun 30 2004, 08:44 AM Wrote:It seems a little vague about just how much track time we will get each day.

What I'm looking for is how much unrestricted lapping time we will get.

Will there be passing, signaled or not?
Will there be different level run groups?
Will each period be broken down into sessions and if so how long will they be.
Why do we have to tech both days?

I just don't want to spend $400 for 1hr of lapping time over two days where I could be stuck an unable to pass some slow ass Mustang or Focus owner.
There is no lapping. The event is not designed as a "race". Any formal lapping and timed event may be considered a race for insurance purposes.

The only passing that occurs is on the straightaways. The driver in the slow vehicle will signal for the driver behind to pass. Very rarely we have a prick on the track. Corner workers and track marshals keep aware of the conditions. If you're going too slow, we will tell you...or maybe force you to pull off.

Run groups go as follows:
- Beginner
- Intermediate
- Advanced

People can move up and down the groups, depending on how far they progress or are crappy.

Sessions are usually about 20 minutes. It really depends on the total run groups and the length of the track. Plus, we should have between 5 to 7 participants per instructor. These folks will be available for in-car sessions and training.

The tech for both days is a slot we put in for single day participants.

If anything, you can sign up for one day and see how it goes. ;)
Official Press Release:

Notice: Change Of Venue
July 6, 2004

The Eastern Canada Region has some good news and some bad news about the upcoming 'Redline Rendezvous' On Track event!!

First the bad news: Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Road Course at Toronto Motorsports Park has been shut down. It is uncertain as to when they will re-open for business.

Now for the GOOD NEWS! We have been able to secure another facility for our event for the same weekend. This new facility, Dunnville Autodrome, is located 20 minutes from Cayuga in the beautiful town of Dunnville. (Hwy 3 and Regional Road #11). Never heard of this track? Well, it is a brand new facility located at the Dunnville Airport.

SVTOA will be one of the first groups to drive on this new 2.2 kilometre, 14-turn track. It promises to be very interesting and exciting. The track is a combination of several high-speed straights with some nice sweeping turns -- and some nice tight ones, as well. This track is designed with all levels of skill in mind, and some comparisons have been made to Shannonville. As information on this facility becomes available, we will post it here at http://www.svtoaontrack.ca .

The Dunnville Autodrome does not have a drag strip; therefore that portion of our event has been cancelled. If there is enough interest, a separate Test and Tune Day will be planned at a future date. Just let Regional Director Laura Querin know, when you register at the hotel or on-site, that you would be interested in a test and tune date.

This track will still be a work-in-progress during our event, but they will more than be ready for us. This facility has the potential to become a great facility for organizations such as ours. Future plans include a driving school using Indy Lights cars for training young, aspiring race car drivers, and hosting of corporate banquets and events.

Please be aware that other than the venue, no other changes will be made to the event schedule. Our host hotel, dinner, and registration locations and times etc. will all remain at the Best Western Brant Park Inn & Conference Centre in Brantford, Ontario. Everyone who has already registered will be contacted and all new information will be sent to you.

If there is any doubt in your mind about this new venue, forget about it! This facility has everything that we need to host a great event. And just think, you will also earn the bragging rights of saying that you were "one of the first" on this great new facility.

SVTOA...The ride of your life!
anyone know what happened to the road course at TMP?
scoobasteve,Jul 7 2004, 09:14 AM Wrote:anyone know what happened to the road course at TMP?
Public records at Haldiman Region suggest it was a noise bylaw issue. <_<
So it's a week away!

I put up the directions to the Dunnville Autodrome on the SVTOA Redline Rendezvous On Track website. A general idea of its location is about 20 minutes from Hamilton.

Even if you're curious, come on out as a spectator. I'll be out there behind the scenes and maybe a few laps.

Fresh pavement...MMMM.
Do you have a track map or a least pictures of the track?

I'm still sitting on the fence for this event.
Any chance in hell I could still get a spot?
Sounds like a meet for Saturn and Buick owners
Pages: 1 2