FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hi Flow Cat... Finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so I finally just said fuk it and I'm heading to Noyz Boyz in TO in the morning to have them install a custom fit. Going to be roughly 300 installed - as opposed to 380 plus tax and shipping from focus central for direct fit. He said they'll make up the flanges and it should take an hour. So it seems like a decent deal in comparison but it's probably still too much... but I had to make a run to TO anyway so what the hell, it will be done. The car is getting worse every day and I'm afraid it's so choked that I'll hurt the motor soon.

Anyway, yahoo! :P

oh yeah, got the pro kit springs in the car now from dDub. From the S2 suspension, I'd estimate 2 inches change for sure. So I suppose I shall consider new dampers for next spring?? :rolleyes: I hope they will last that long. I'll post a pic this weekend.

Noyz Boyz is awesome! Although it was a little more expensive than I had hoped, Sav treated me right. They had to cut the exisiting cat just below the egr to maintain the flange to the header and then cut the cat pipe just before the o2 sensor. Then there was an issue with the length of the new cat to be inserted and welded so they cut the neck off the new cat. Welded everying thing together and put a small piece of mandrel at the bottom of the new cat to the existing 2 inch pipe to finish it off. The cat supposed to be the freeest flowing cat that is emissions legal - rated for a 6L motor. The old cat was fawked, the screens (are they made from silicon or a crystalline of something?) had all broken away and were crumpled in a ball blocking the outlet... no wonder it was choking up. Back to good now, and a bit more peppy too. If you ever suspect this is happening, make sure you do something about it. I suspect that kind of back pressure could cause the valves to bend or something - either way, not good.

Anyway, happy again :D
sounsd good glad your happy :D
Awesome I know the feeling.... :)
The other thing that will happen is your cat will shoot our your exhaust :lol:
i've seen it happen once and it is the funniest thing ever to see little pieces of cat coming out an exhaust.
so hows that cat working for you?
You know if these guys can get 2.5 flex pipes at all?
as far as I know dood, they can make or source anything exhaust related
Flofocus,Jul 14 2004, 04:13 PM Wrote:You know if these guys can get 2.5 flex pipes at all?
Who makes one...someone does...I forget though...fuk me. <_<
Turbo toms posted who makes the 2.5inch flex before

Im sure they can at noyzboyz too ... Why was this bumped though?
Paparoach,Jul 14 2004, 07:17 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 14 2004, 04:13 PM Wrote:You know if these guys can get 2.5 flex pipes at all?
Who makes one...someone does...I forget though...fuk me. <_<
Trubendz does, but im getting sick of US$ transactions....
I've had a 2.5" flexmade...... it cost me 275...total....

butnow I had a 3inch pipe made with no flex in it..... and thenput the flex in the straight pipe in the channel under the car.... then after that is where mr.Cat hides. ...this onecost 200 cash including the cat.... but it was at a friends shop.

the first shop I used was JPG in oakville.... the second shop was minute muffler..( a friend owns it near square one)
3"???
what are you running to justify a 3" flex section?

I can get Trubendz stuff i just wont be stocking it.
if you really want one of the 2.5" Flex pipes let me know and i'll call tomorrow and find out how much to get it up here!
oh and you can use your MC via PayPal without signing up i believe
Shmee,Jul 14 2004, 11:09 PM Wrote:3"???
what are you running to justify a 3" flex section?

I can get Trubendz stuff i just wont be stocking it.
if you really want one of the 2.5" Flex pipes let me know and i'll call tomorrow and find out how much to get it up here!
oh and you can use your MC via PayPal without signing up i believe
Can you check on a price for a 2.5 flex please?