FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What To Buy? My Option Now For Boost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do have enough money for either of thoses, but I feel one would be so much fun, while the other would be much wiser....

i am 28, so I am 50% 50% wise and wild.

debate.
my real vote is pay J&T to hook you up with some turbo stuff

but if its just between those two, i vote for whichever one makes more power

you're only going to do this once, so why not really go for it
well, we both know the focus svt, despite being a svt is still a focus, maybe all it deserv is the 205 whp of a jrsc then pass to something else later down the road car wise.

I am scared that the vortech become another source of cash going out all the time by its easier upgradibility, with the jrsc I know from the start that it wont help to throw cash at it, so cash wise its a good decision, plus I can purchase used and save tax and shipping.

the vortech on another hand can become very powerfull but I dont know if I wanna go this far with this car keeping in mind that I might be thight for cash if something bad happen. the jrsc cant do much harms to the svt, one positive point. its bolt on and forget pretty much.

decisions decisions.... lol
maybe wait for steve to have his vortech for longer .. see if it gives him problems.. then make the decision based on the guinea pig :D :lol:
There are two guys on [FJ] that have vortech SVT's they are both in getting new engines. One was caused by a supposed bad tune and one caused by a 4-2 miss shift. There is also 1 guy with a JRSC running 14 psi and he is also getting a new engine. I would have to say that too much boost is bad for the SVTF, and by too much I mean over 8 psi. I know Turbo Tom runs alot more boost than that but he also runs 112 or so race fuel.

Wait a few weeks until the DaSilva dyno day and I'll offer up a spin in mine so you can better choose.

IMHO.... The JRSC just works... no hiccups no problems no fuss it just works like a factory car.
I agree with Steve. The JRSC is more suited to a daily driver I think than the Vortech. Tried, tested, proven.. and it's less than half the cost in this case. Be realistic Marc, it's a Focus. Not to discredit the car, but are you really in the mood to pour another $7000 into it (tuning and whatnot)? If you can pick up a JRSC for $2700, from someone you know didn't beat the s**t out of it, then do it! Sounds fun. Any focus producing over 200 hp is gonna be fun to drive :)
JRSC... Safe and decent WHP ;)

-P@
bluetoy, I have a couple questions for you.

what boost level do you see with the jrsc?

what do you think it run in the 1/4?

what is a good power comparison? car wise? as in what car become a good match? mustang GT???

thanks.
Some of the issues I've noticed with the vortech

1) their tuning is a bit questionable... especially when you consider guys are blowing their engines, and sending chips back for 5-6 reflashes for a good tune. And the kit does accentuate stock quirks (open idle control = climbing/hanging revs between shifts).
2) the parts list isn't 100% perfect. You will have problems with the low pressure powersteering hose (19mm vs the stock 18mm)... and need to buy a bottle or two of locktite to make sure everything stays snug
3) airfilter location..hasn't caused me any grief yet, but it's on my list to move it.
4) installation is a BITCH!.. .especially with the HO kit.

If you want something simple, bolt on, clean, and proven to run for miles upon miles, get the JRSC for the SVT.. you'll be pleasantly happy with the results. Not necessarily monster power, but it's really nice (I've ridden in bluetoy's car..it's niiiiiice)...
yeah, its a given I need reliability, my family live 12 hour away and I visit once a year, the last thing I need is an unreliable car.

anyway, if next year I wanna step up, I can always sell this unit and buy bigger, I doubt that I'd lose a lot since im not the original buyer.
french_connection,Apr 29 2004, 09:27 AM Wrote:bluetoy, I have a couple questions for you.

what boost level do you see with the jrsc?

what do you think it run in the 1/4?

what is a good power comparison? car wise? as in what car become a good match?  mustang GT???

thanks.
I am seeing 5.5 psi. It shows up to 7 on the guage but the sensor at Tapp Auto is much more accurate.

I'm not sure what it would do in the 1/4. Low 14's for sure.

I have raced a few cars I beat a 95 or 96 Porsche 996. That was starting at around 50 mph though. My buddy has a 1991 MR2 Turbo. It's stock except for a cone filter and a downpipe to replace the cat. He pulls on me in first and second. He gets about 2 carlengths ahead, then when we hit third I just drive by him like he shut down. The thing with our cars(SVTF) and the JRSC is that it is good once you are moving. The higher you rev the harder it pulls. From 4k in second to end of 5th I think you'd be mighty impressed. It just keeps pulling.

Oh yes..... Zero maintenance for the JRSC.
bluetoy,Apr 29 2004, 02:30 PM Wrote:The thing with our cars(SVTF) and the JRSC is that it is good once you are moving.
I would never have guess, what I realy wanted was 500 hp standing still... (joke)

thanks you for the infos. I will get in contact with the JRSC owner and get the ball rolling.

ps: this morning I made my tax and ended up paying quite a bit, so JRSC became an even better option. :P
marc go with the vortec i know it is alot but it is brand new with a warenty and it likes high RPM and so dose your car and you :D
Go with the jackson racing and drive it for a year if you like it keep it if you dont then sell it. Your already buying it for a good price and Im sure you could even sell it for the exact same price next year if you decided to step up a stage.

205 whp aint bad if your thinking of running more whp I'd suggest getting stickier tires, cause we all know the continetals are s**t.
Quote:IMHO.... The JRSC just works... no hiccups no problems no fuss it just works like a factory car.

gospel
JRSC..Hands down!

And I want a ride in it after! :D
its done, I bought the JRSC, I gotta send the money order and my kit get shipped today or monday.

:D
Cool.

A JRSC is on still on my "someday" list, probably two years from now.
Good chice marc you are getting wiser in your old age my friend and you had me worried that you might be faster then me and we aall know that isn't a nice thing to do to a good friend :angry: :P now we jsut need an install day eh? B)
DD1,Apr 30 2004, 10:56 PM Wrote:Good chice marc you are getting wiser in your old age my friend and you had me worried that you might be faster then me and we aall know that isn't a nice thing to do to a good friend :angry: :P now we jsut need an install day eh? B)
and a 35 shot... :lol:
Pages: 1 2