FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Long Have You Driven On Your Gas Light?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do this all the time :huh: bad news.. hahah
the farthest I've gone I think is 20km... this morning I went 14km...

Anyone ever tested how far you can go?
i went 23km, gaslight came on at 477. i wanted to make 500 on the tank. lol :lol:
You have tonnes of gas left when the light goes on....22km is nuttin you go at 50km so no worries.

Do what Kramer did that is fun stuff :D
My best is approx 90km hwy :blink: When I fill it up it take 45L of gas and our tank is 50L. So nothing have to worry.
yeah, the most ive ever put in was 46l
I've never let my tank run to fuel light, bar once when I wanted to see how much gas the thing would take. I think I have a 35L tank (wasn't that what they put on the 99/early 2000 models?) because it took 33L with the light on. Coulda probably crammed another litre in, but gas wasnt' that cheap. LOL
I haven't seen my gas light in a year. I need to get my fuel pump replaced. Can't go too much below half a tank, since I am always on the high way and the focus fuel pump doesn't like going on the on ramp.

I let the tank run dry once, and ever since that day my fuel pump has been messed up. It has never run the same since.

I believe the focus has a 50L tank of which 10L is reserve.

Might be mistaken. But so far I have managed to put OVER $42 in my car, yes it was premium 88cents a liter and 48 L!!

lumpy,Apr 28 2004, 05:40 PM Wrote:I believe the focus has a 50L tank of which 10L is reserve.

Might be mistaken. But so far I have managed to put OVER $42 in my car, yes it was premium 88cents a liter and 48 L!!
premium? as in premium gas?
i've gone 120km with the light on doing about 110kph and some city driving
I've gone 120km on the tank without running out.

I've put 13.6 gallons in the "13 gallon" tank, that is filling all the way up the neck.

I've put 52 litres in the wagon.
mine wont let more than 43 litres in the gas tank. How are you guys managing to fill it to 50L? I tried to do that once, and the gas was spilling out the filler neck? :blink:
I ran two days once with the light on... and the most I was able to stuff in was slightly over 43 Litres.
darkpuppet,Apr 28 2004, 06:29 PM Wrote:premium? as in premium gas?
Yes, premium fuel, SVT's require it. <_< (apparently, never tried otherwise.) :blink:
Premium gas and about 50K, only in warmer weather less in the winter!
lumpy,Apr 28 2004, 10:14 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 28 2004, 06:29 PM Wrote:premium?  as in premium gas?
Yes, premium fuel, SVT's require it. <_< (apparently, never tried otherwise.) :blink:
my bad... forgot you had an SVT...
i did 120km with the light :blink: when i fill in i put 50.5 liters <_<

never done that again :D
I typically add 100km to what I can drive when my fuel light comes on... I think I could handle 150 but I'm not that brave, nor do I relish the thought of another new fuel pump...

Highway? prolly about 175 - 200 km... hehe (I wouldn't push that though)

I also think different years have different tolerances.. my Fiancee's fuel light comes on and she can pump in about 40 liters.... mine? I can put 40 in barely after running 25km's or so after the light.... (depending on what kinda driving..)
Yeah I drove from past Barrie back to TO with the gas light on.... It choked and stumbled into the gas station off the 403 at Eglington :D

-P@
Stap Boy,Apr 29 2004, 02:03 PM Wrote:I typically add 100km to what I can drive when my fuel light comes on... I think I could handle 150 but I'm not that brave, nor do I relish the thought of another new fuel pump...

Highway? prolly about 175 - 200 km... hehe (I wouldn't push that though)

I also think different years have different tolerances.. my Fiancee's fuel light comes on and she can pump in about 40 liters.... mine? I can put 40 in barely after running 25km's or so after the light.... (depending on what kinda driving..)
That's the same as mine... once the gas light comes on I can put 40L in no problem. But i alwways thought it was a 50 L tank, good to know... now I can jsut keep driving...lol
Pages: 1 2