FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Painted Interior And Gauges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guilty, Hemi and I did a little work this weekend. What you guys thinK?

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287045351

My camera sux big, so the quality isn't very good, But Guilty will post some better pics later. But you get the jist of it :D
shiny!

looks good!
My camera is better.. Here's some more pics of the finished interior:

<a href='http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/guilty/Bort%20Interior/Dsc00471.jpg'>[Image: Dsc00471.jpg]

<a href='http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/guilty/Bort%20Interior/Dsc00472.jpg'>[Image: Dsc00472.jpg]</a>

looking good.

how did you get the corner vents off.
I still cant figure out how to take off the center peice surroundign the stereo. I allready busted 2 clips.
Wow, does that ever look nice!
Jason:

I am holding mine in my hands right now.

There are obviously four bolts to remove once the stereo comes out.

Then there are THREE metal clips holding it in. One at each &quot;corner&quot;

1) top left corner RIGHT beside the ashtray.

2) top right corner all by itself

3) bottom middle inbetween the rear window defrost and the ac/re-circulate buttons.

I found it easiest to remove the bolts, then take out my ashtray then pop that corner out. then put my hand kinda behind the hazzard unit and pop the top right clip out, the bottom one is kinda wierd, I just tugged and it came out, but remeber not to tug too hard, all the controls are still wired into the buttons both at the top (cig lighter, hazzard light) and at the bottom, hvac, and the other two buttons....
thabrat,Apr 26 2004, 01:07 PM Wrote:I still cant figure out how to take off the center peice surroundign the stereo. I allready busted 2 clips.
How do you take that piece off??

BTW, paint looks very good!!!
Missed that post by Ass, lol
We're going to be doing my stereo surround bezel this week too, I'll get some good pictures showing all the bolt/clip locations. It's really not hard though.

Remove the stereo, ashtray, cigarette lighter. Take out the 4 bolts around the corners of the stereo opening. Pull the whole bezel until the clips pop.. they're in the corners. And like Tony said, watch how you're pulling the bottom since all the controls are wired on there. Since they're all clips, you have to make sure you're pulling on them straight.

Then you can unscrew the hazard button and hvac controls.. the dials and buttons are two seperate pieces though. We just taped off the cigarette lighter hole since I cant see how it comes out.. but it worked fine.
My problem was with the control knobs. Thats where I got stuck and gave up lol
Brat, it's so easy... you can screw around with trying to unplug them but it's so much easier to just unscrew the whole deal from the assembly. then you can still use the controls while stuff dries. I'm sure steve and i can give you a hand if you wanna do them before SCN in s'toon.
The control knobs were a pain in the ass, because I didn't have a small screwdriver, had to use fullsize. So it took some manuevering. Anyways, there are quite a few screws attaching the knobs to the console unit:

2 screws for the hazzard lights
4 screws for the 3 dials
3 screws for the bottom 3 buttons

I think the hardest part was the stupid stereo, pain to get out and back in.

Also, for all you guys. After we took everything out, and put it all back together, the engine light was on. I can't think of anything we missed or hooked up wrong, because there is only 1 way...

Anyways, I want to figure it out, because the warranty for my gauges are done now because of my new ones....

Oh and yeah, for sure Jay. If you need help man, just let me know and I'll come help you out.
Wow, your CEL is on now? What did you do?!?!?! Ha ha ha ha, I took my speedhut gauges in and out like 3 times in one day, and never managed to get it to come on.... you REALLY musta fooked something back there man!
Make sure all the wiring harnesses are snug and tight.. I remember trying to fire up my car without the hatch release button hooked up and I got a ton of warning lights coming on.
I think you should take her into Percival to get the code read/cleared. They won't do any work on it if it's something with the gauges but at least you'll know what the code is. It's probably like guilty said with like one wire on a harness isn't making a good connection. Or maybe due to the massive light output from the gauge your alternator just can't keep up. :D JJ

Just get the damn code read and quit being a whiny bitch.