FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just came in from Texas today. I have to put on a little chrome and then it needs a lift axle and a dump box. Here's a couple of preliminary shots. It has 475HP and 1650 TQ. It runs at 32 psi boost.

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/kartman/2.jpg'>[Image: 2.jpg]

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/kartman/4.jpg'>[Image: 4.jpg]
sweet! glad to see it finally came in. Can't wait to see the ICE :)

So everything check out ok on delivery? You must be pretty stoked man, it looks like a seriously nice truck.
What you got planned for it Steve? Looks kickass :)
nice....very nice...I assume it is not gonna stay as a straight truck....dumper?
It's got every option box checked off. Got air ride and everything.Even a special order to get no sunvisor (got an aftermarket one) It seems to be exactly as spec'd, But I'll have to go over it tomorrow with my order sheet in hand. I got my bug deflector and sunvisor on today. I'll take a pic tomorrow. I am getting the airlift put on on Monday then I'll put on the Stainless 1/4 fenders. Then it's off to Raglan truck bodies for an aluminum 19.5ft dump box. I was going to get it polished but they want 3 grand more... All the white coloured stuff on the stacks and under the doors is protective film because it's all polished stainless. I wish I could get a shot of it clean, but it still has not even been PDI'd yet. They can wash it for me.

I am not putting in my ICE until all the work is done and it's actually mine. (I haven't signed anything or paid a dime for it and it's sitting in my yard.)

I'll put up a pic when I do something new..
Nice!

yeee haw.

First mod:

Swap the horn to your Focus.
That's a big one.

What's the power to weight ratio?

Jeremy
Day 2 update. Finished the chrome and here's a pic.

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/kartman/day2.jpg'>[Image: day2.jpg]</a>

No horn on Focus....
Power to weight ratio..... Well it weighs 18,700 lbs right now and has 475 hp and 1650 ft/lb tq... It will weigh around 25000lbs when it's done and it will have 500 hp and 1650 tq.
I can see my face!

Thats literally a ton 'o' chrome for sure.

That thing needs to be slammed and a body kit :D :lol:
underbody neons...BOOYAH! :lol:
needs bigger tires but the did give you some good rubber...
the michelin tires up front should last you a good while and ride well( for the size of the truck anyways...) is that an eagle or what kind is it? i dont recognize the symbol on the front..... looks nice tho... unless you plan on polishing the truck everynight it's better not to go with the polished box... i mean your just gonna put dirt in it anyways...
never mind it's an international.......... if i think hard enough i can answer my own questions.....

does that make me smart?
rubberman,Apr 22 2004, 10:28 PM Wrote:needs bigger tires but the did give you some good rubber...
the michelin tires up front should last you a good while and ride well( for the size of the truck anyways...)&nbsp; is that an eagle or what kind is it? i dont recognize the symbol on the front.....&nbsp; looks nice tho...&nbsp; unless you plan on polishing the truck everynight it's better not to go with the polished box... i mean your just gonna put dirt in it anyways...
Yeah those are plenty big tires. Michelin XZY 425/65r22.5 They are good for 11400lbs each and going with 445's just adds weight. They look small because of the stupid and unnecessary 4&quot; rubber fender extensions that I had no choice on, It'll be getting changed to 2&quot;. It's not called an Eagle anymore.. It's now a 5900I .. Same thing new name. I spec'd all Michelin tires. Got XDE M+S rears. Haven't tried those out yet but we'll see.

I actually don't haul dirt.. Only crushed rock. No excavation. Also no polished box..... Too much like wasting money.
yeah they dont even look like 425's the fender lip must be playing tricks with my eyes.... you should like the xde drives good for lots of mile usually and they can take lots of weight we put them on feed trucks as well as sand tankers and they stand up well
rubberman,Apr 22 2004, 10:30 PM Wrote:never mind it's an international.......... if i think hard enough i can answer my own questions.....

does that make me smart?
I also thought it was an eagle at first clance too :D
Nice haul man! I didn't know there were other drivers on here. I actually drive for Mr. Christie, but we only have 4300's w/ DT466E's and a 24' box. Not to mention crappy Spicer 6 speeds. I miss my Fuller RR 10 speed. BTW, got enough gauges? LOL :)
Newest update... Truck has lift axle installed and has been sitting at Raglan in Oshawa since May 3rd... They told me it would be 1-1.5 weeks to complete... Why do all sales people have to be liars???

Anyway I went there yesterday and it's finally getting worked on. Here's the latest. Hoist, pump, P.T.O. and all controls/wiring is installed on the truck. The box was to be finished that afternoon and it will be all one unit by Thursday.

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/kartman/box.jpg'>[Image: box.jpg]
now that's cool.... feel free to hang around the shop a bit more and post in-progress pics!

just kiddin' ... can't wait to see it all together....lookin' good so far
bluetoy,May 22 2004, 07:54 AM Wrote:Why do all sales people have to be liars???
We don't lie we stretch the truth.... :lol:
Pages: 1 2