FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Light Tundra Tdci On Merivale (ottawa)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, light green european 5-door 2002+ TDCi on Merivale at ~17h.

Was it an euro ex-pat or Transport Canada doing some tests? :)

Looks just like a n-american Focus but with a nicer, rounder front-end because of the thinner bumper.
Coulda been me... But the car woulda been grey :blink:

-P@
Nah, it was definitely green :lol:

I checked everything to make sure it's wasn't a N-American to Euro conversion. But if it's a conversion, it's an good one.

Front bumper: check
Euro headlights: check
Euro taillights: check
back bumper: check
rear working fog light: check
rear working backup light: check
Euro interior-bezel with clock: check
Locking fuel-door : check
nice, did it have the Euro licence plates as well? or the standard Ontario plate?
It had Ontario plates, but now that I think of it, it didn't have the red diplomatic ones.
I should have cornered the guy down and have him explain what he was doing here :D
cool
i agree
in ottawa? really.....hmmmmmm
yeah weird..i know the new focus are out.. saw a ZXW last night.. they look a little different specially bumper..

dunno about TDCi though
Yeah its strange but I've seen both a Focus Ghia and a Ford Ka around the Langstaff & 400 area :blink:

-P@
its probobly a Canadian company designing parts for the Euro focus, instead of sending the parts over to Europe to get tested on the cars there they just send over a couple models and let them test them In Canada.
lordkingod,May 12 2004, 10:37 PM Wrote:Yeah its strange but I've seen both a Focus Ghia and a Ford Ka around the Langstaff & 400 area :blink:

-P@
Ford Ka and Ghia?

I would have LOVED to see those!!
It's probably the Focus what Ford has imported two years ago for testing in North America. Ford should import a specific diesel fuel for this car (low sulfure fuel) but this fuel should be available in Canada at the end of 2005.

The US and Canadian governments should approve this motor (clean air act, etc) before.

Ford thinght seriously to produce this motor for North America in Focus ASAP and with the actually gas price, they could sale many.

If you see it in Ottawa recently, it's good news, the tests continue.

For details, please read this text from Motor Trend dated from August 2002 about the TDCi in North America.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/wago...208_focus/