FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aftermarket Pedal Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are the Gear Concept pedals I picked up from myfordperformance.com a while back, they are also available from www.steeda.ca. The same install process can be applied to most other brands of bolted on aftermarket pedal covers.

Tools needed:
Drill / 1/4" bit
Philips head screwdriver/socket set

Process:
1. Remove rubber pedal covers from clutch and brake. (Peel them off from top to bottom)
2. Place pedal bottom edge flush with bottom edge of pedal base and mark hole locations
3. Drill clutch and brake pedals with 1/4" hole (starting with a smaller pilot hole makes things easier)
4. Measure, mark, and drill holes in plastic gas pedal in the same way
5. Place pedals on, insert bolts, tighten with screwdriver/socket combination

Pics:
Before:

Removing pedal covers:
<a href='http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/guilty/Pedals%20How-to/Dsc00461.jpg'>[Image: Dsc00461.jpg]

Drilling the holes:

Installed pedals:
<a href='http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/guilty/Pedals%20How-to/Dsc00465.jpg'>[Image: Dsc00465.jpg]

Finished product:
<a href='http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/guilty/Pedals%20How-to/Dsc00466.jpg'>[Image: Dsc00466.jpg]</a>

Note:
The gutless cordless drill we were using would have taken days to get through the metal pedals. We stepped up to a corded drill and made the job way easier. It's a simple process, but it's an awkward job due to cramped space and angle you're drilling. Make sure you keep the drill going in straight, my brake pedal is a little higher than the clutch.. I think I redrill it to be straight though.
BAM! 5hp right there. heh jk

I like them! :)
xappie,Apr 13 2004, 06:11 PM Wrote:BAM! 5hp right there. heh jk

I like them! :)
Remember!! we're in Appearance Mods :P I like them too.. they're nice but still simple and classy. They feel good on the foot too, lots of grip.

01-yellow-ZX3

Those look like the exact same as my Ebay pedals.

But I think you installed the clutch and brake pedals upside down man.
Those look good, I think I might pick up a set.

Jeremy
I like em. Clean and simple. Good choice.
Those look good.
Those are sparco grip knock offs. Have a set of grips I bought last year that I still need to install.
looks good man.. I wonder if Razos would fit on the focus. I want to get he same ones I had on my corolla. Steering wheel is covering it. But I guess you'll have an idea what they look like.
[Image: ae102-new-interior.jpg]

another pic when I had them on the neon.
[Image: neon-gauge.JPG]
My buddy got these for his cavalier but in auto form
[Image: 142_L.jpg]

They feel good,nice grip, i like em
Kool_ZX3,Sep 26 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:My buddy got these for his cavalier but in auto form

[right][snapback]144934[/snapback][/right]
:fluffy: fluffy thinks they look cheap.
chinaman,Sep 29 2005, 01:25 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Sep 26 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:My buddy got these for his cavalier but in auto form

[right][snapback]144934[/snapback][/right]
:fluffy: fluffy thinks they look cheap.
[right][snapback]145483[/snapback][/right]

2nd that.

buy SVTF pedals, no drilling necessary, but removal of the gas pedal asdsembly is required.. all that is needed is a long extension and a 10mm deep socket