FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mouldings Grrr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I did a search and I understand to paint the moulding you should sand them down and get them smooth right? but what about the door handles and mirror's do they need to be sanded as well or no?
yes they do.
sand them down GOOOOOOD.... like really good.... theyll have this wierd feeling to them when you know there right.
Thanks for the help Dan
are there any holes behind the molding. mine are kinda falling off anyway.
Yes there are holes....

you can take the moldings off .. not much water will go through the holes as long as you dont decide to wash your car.. or drive through carwashes.

Be warned theres ALOT of nasty glue behind them. Itll take a couple hours to get it all off.

Anyone who ever needs help in the gta area can swing by.
Cool, I may have to take you up on that offer once i can get my hands on some sangria red
tdot-zx3,Mar 19 2004, 04:22 PM Wrote:Be warned theres ALOT of nasty glue behind them. Itll take a couple hours to get it all off.
It took me a few days to take off all the glue. Anyways, I followed Dans instructions, and painted mine, and they turned out excellent.
When i took the moldings off my rabbit ... to my surprise... SAME s**t underneath.

i was so pissed off.

Like nothing gets that stuff off.
theres actually a rubber wheel that goes in a drill that will take that stuff off in minutes.... ifyour carefull it wont even mark the paint
When painting any part on your focus, make sure to prep your parts to perfection. My dad has owned a Body Shop for over 30 years and I've learned the hard way when it comes to preping. Over the years of you learn that your paint job outcome will depends 90% on preping. Any experienced painter will tell you the same. If you sand the moldings really good, then I'd recommend using an adhesive promoter that will go on before applying some kind of epoxy primer that will fill all surface scratches and pin holes. Then get them painted.

Hope this helps,

Steeda,