FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ground Wire Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw a car getting these installed today at the local garage, I was wondering if anyone has one of these grounding kits. and if they are worth the coin. I also heard and read I think on focus hacks how to do it yourself. Is this a worthwhile mod? if so can someone leave me some USEFUL feedback on this?

Thanks!

01-yellow-ZX3

You can make the kit yourself, if you have the crimpers and soldering tools to do a big gauge wire like 4-6.
just read over everything at focus hacks.. it is really easy. Might do this once it warms up we should have a get together of people who want to do this seems really simple.. and would be really reasonable.
What do these kits do?
I believe improve the grounding of the cars electrical systems
I read about this about a year back. I'd be up for doing it in a g2g
i want 3 like i see on the accords:D :ph34r:
but toni it has no lights :lol:
I'm buying the materials today, hopefully do this by the weekend. I got nothing better to do. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
ANTHONYD,Mar 9 2004, 04:59 AM Wrote:What do these kits do?
Nothing, it's total BS like the tornado.

It's another perfect example of the placebo effect .
Euro Ford Fan,Mar 9 2004, 10:23 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 9 2004, 04:59 AM Wrote:What do these kits do?
Nothing, it's total BS like the tornado.

It's another perfect example of the placebo effect .
Mmmmmm.... calcium pills....
I dunno ...I have been around alot of 12 volt systems , cars ,trucks , all matter of heavy equipment and if I have learned anything over the last 20 years or so is that if ti starts doing goofy things it is allmost invariably a bad ground.

I will say that hp expectations would be silly
These things do work. Right now our shop is working with a guy that builds and sells these kits. Our kit is going to cost around $220 to $240, and belive me they work. The dyno never lies
$220 to $240
:blink: :rolleyes:
Chris@Apex,Mar 13 2004, 12:35 AM Wrote:These things do work. Right now our shop is working with a guy that builds and sells these kits. Our kit is going to cost around $220 to $240, and belive me they work. The dyno never lies
I find it hard to take the advice from someone who SELLS these kits. If I wanted that I would have asked the dude at the store who was selling them... ha ha ha. OBVIOUSLY there are gains in his and your eyes. I want to see someone with them on and telling me there are gains.
i thought the same as everyone, tell i drove an WRX without and then with the kit installed. you can expect the same responce and improvment as putting a CAI a UDP and a good set of plug wires.
Chris@Apex,Mar 12 2004, 07:35 PM Wrote:These things do work. Right now our shop is working with a guy that builds and sells these kits. Our kit is going to cost around $220 to $240, and belive me they work. The dyno never lies
$240 for $20 worth of wire and connectors. ohhhh ya sure it works.

If the dyno doesn't lie where are the before and after plots?
That my beef too Simon, like how the hell do they justify the mark up. Any retard can MAKE these kits. and they aren't even usually car specific. Just a bunch of wires in a box (or at least the ones I have seen) they sell them for like 10 times the cost of materials....
Its not just making the kit, its using the best points on the car to put better grounds. The dude that is making them had a write up on what they really do. it explanes alot. wish i could get it out for you all to read. When the one for my focus is done i will post dyno grafts if it works good. If it sucks ass i will tell you were to put the wires and you can make your own kit. Im not here to try and sell people crap they dont need.
Chris@Apex,Mar 16 2004, 12:20 AM Wrote:Its not just making the kit, its using the best points on the car to put better grounds. The dude that is making them had a write up on what they really do. it explanes alot. wish i could get it out for you all to read. When the one for my focus is done i will post dyno grafts if it works good. If it sucks ass i will tell you were to put the wires and you can make your own kit. Im not here to try and sell crap to prople they dont need.
amen brother.

I've read a few things on ground wiring kits... every benefit from increasing response of injectors to improving the spark at the plugs.....

I've seen dynographs published that show a 10-15 HP gain on certain cars... and it has me interested in seeing what it can do for the focus.

Because really, a lot of the response and efficiency of a car relies on the ability for electricity to travel through the vehicle. In some cases, it can make all the difference. I'm really interested to see what it can do... some purely objective benchmarks would be nice to either support or dispell this mod..
Pages: 1 2