FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The New Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey guys, just thought Id post up with up to date info! Sold my Focus in early March, and finally pulled the trigger on a deal I've been working on with the previous owner since last November. I apologize for crappy pics but Its all I got so far, will take better photos once shes cleaned up!

Enough talking, here she is!

1998.5 SVT Contour

05 3L, D2 coilovers, custom 2.5in mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflows, oem cf hood,some more..before the UIM, new BAT intake and 3L cams and a few other mods it put down 216whp and 198wtq, car with similar mods put down 220/220 so it should be around there! Will dyno it/new tune later this year :)

[Image: DSCN3042.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3041.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3038.jpg]
[Image: 100_1054.jpg]

:) and thats my buddies F-150 King Ranch that we went to pick the car up in. Beautiful truck!

Btw, anyway to get a forum name change? lol
Nicely done Sean Nicely done :) Your gonna have a blast with that thing lol
Congrats on your new ride . Very nice .
I love the new ride.

but still, why are you buying someone elses modded ride again???
looking good congrats on the svt
1998 is not a bad year, but how new was your foci? aren't you going a step backwards?
GFXjamie,Mar 22 2010, 09:11 AM Wrote:I love the new ride.

but still, why are you buying someone elses modded ride again???
[right][snapback]303664[/snapback][/right]

honestly, my number one choice was a 100% bone stock CSVT. Unfortunately, there are no good ones for sale right now, and I need a car (work, etc)..plus its not crazy modded like my Focus and gives me alot of options to make it the way I want :)

paolo,Mar 22 2010, 12:34 PM Wrote:1998 is not a bad year, but how new was your foci? aren't you going a step backwards?
[right][snapback]303676[/snapback][/right]

My Focus was a 2000, but I previously had a 98 Contour before that as well. Some might say its a step backwards but I see it as 5 steps forward and Im 100x happier with this car than I ever was with my Focus :lol: I guess since having one before it just stuck in my heart lol
It looks good. Needs a rear spoiler tho. Something OEM sleek would look good.
looks good
Very nice! Sick lil sleeper you got there!

I like it way better than the focus you had!

How do you likr the D2's? I'm thinking about getting them for my focus once i have the cash. Stance looks killer
SL8RZZX3,Mar 22 2010, 08:37 PM Wrote:Very nice! Sick lil sleeper you got there!

I like it way better than the focus you had!

How do you likr the D2's? I'm thinking about getting them for my focus once i have the cash. Stance looks killer
[right][snapback]303711[/snapback][/right]

thanks, the D2s are kinda noisy if you dont avoid bumps lol but its a smooth ride, better than my Focus with H&R race springs. Also, car is tucking tire front and rear and still goes lower but the sideskirt already is almost on the ground lol my foot cant fit underneath it fully.

As for a spoiler, it currently has a carbon fiber bmw m5 lip spoiler on it. Gunna stay that way for now, dont like the stock contour wing had it before on my old car and wanted to go spoilerless. debating picking up a full CF trunk

Congrats on picking up the SVTC you have been talking about it forever. Just make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew I had 3 SVTC Try to race me when I had the Turbo Focus on the road, Yaa no chance lol ;) Even with my small turbo set up.
ZX3_2NV,Mar 23 2010, 07:45 AM Wrote:Congrats on picking up the SVTC you have been talking about it forever. Just make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew I had 3 SVTC Try to race me when I had the Turbo Focus on the road, Yaa no chance lol  ;) Even with my small turbo set up.
[right][snapback]303735[/snapback][/right]

"From here to the railroad its exactly 1/4 mile.....On green I go."

:lol:
Naw a quick burst to 70 clicks in a 50 km zone was more than enough lol I didn't street race on city streets with traffic. Ok maybe once with a G35 but thats it. Fri/Sat nights was a different story lol
ZX3_2NV,Mar 23 2010, 08:08 AM Wrote:Naw a quick burst to 70 clicks in a 50 km zone was more than enough lol I didn't street race on city streets with traffic. Ok maybe once with a G35 but thats it. Fri/Sat nights was a different story lol
[right][snapback]303741[/snapback][/right]

No worries Dru, everyone gives it once in a while......If they ain't, then they are lying :rolleyes:
lol Yaa this isn't focal jet anyways Back to talking about the SVTC What do you have planned for it? And question about the motor is it a swap? How mant ponies did the orginal SVT motor put down?
I think stock they put down around 170wph
thats about right, stock SVT engines put around 160-170whp. This has a 3.0 swap which everyone does and before the 3L cams, st220 uim, bat intake and more tuning it put down 216whp and 198wtq

I wouldnt try to race anything crazy lol but it is a fast car. Once its boosted then I wont mind haha.

Plans for now are cowl cf hood, cf trunk, resonator delete, tinted tails, hid fogs, mainly interior/exterior stuff. Over winter it will be parked and probably be built for boost on a Nautilus Stage 3 kit- Clevite 77 main/rod bearings, diamond pistons, k1 rods, etc. :)
don't tint tails...........don't tint any lights
NikiterZTS,Mar 23 2010, 03:55 PM Wrote:don't tint tails...........don't tint any lights
[right][snapback]303772[/snapback][/right]

Absolutely not ! I was driving the other day behind a Civic with tinted tail lights and I must say that its owner most likely has a "rear end collision wish " . You could barely see any light through that tint . This in a cloudy day , on a sunny one , pretty sure they're invisible .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5