FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada issues latest recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transport Canada issues latest recalls

Ottawa, Ontario – Transport Canada has issued its latest recalls, which may affect some BMW, Acura, Ford, Toyota, Lexus, Volvo and Infiniti vehicles, and some Hercules and Toyo Nitto tires.

2010 BMW X5
Vehicles affected: 172

On certain vehicles, the front side marker lamps are not illuminated as required by the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, resulting in reduced visibility. Dealers will repair affected vehicles.

2010 Acura ZDX
Vehicles affected: 605

On certain vehicles, the material covering the instrument panel may not be properly scored to allow the complete deployment of the passenger side airbag. In the event of a crash, the airbag will not deploy properly. Dealers will inspect the instrument panel skin and replace if necessary.

2009 Hercules Terra Trac SUV
Units affected: 72

Certain tires may develop and exhibit tread chunking or cracking in the tread shoulder area, and tread chunks may separate from the tire. Dealers will inspect, replace and dispose of all affected tires.

2010 Toyo Nitto Dune Grappler Desert Terrain
Units affected: 158

Certain tires may develop a crack in the upper sidewall. Under certain circumstances, a crack may lead to sudden loss of air. Dealers will inspect, replace and dispose of all affected tires.

2010 Ford Explorer
2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2010 Ford Fusion
Vehicles affected: 1,458

On certain vehicles, the manual seat recliner mechanisms may have gear plate teeth out of dimensional specifications, which could result in limited pawl to the gear plate tooth engagement, and create additional movement to the seat back. Dealers will replace the affected front seat manual recliner mechanism(s).

1998-2010 Toyota Sienna
Vehicles affected: 140,000

On certain vehicles operated where road salt is frequently used, excessive corrosion of the spare tire carrier assembly cable may cause separation of the spare tire stowed under the vehicle. Dealers will repair affected vehicles.

2008-2010 Toyota Highlander
2008-2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
2007-2010 Toyota Tundra
Vehicles affected: 4,774

On certain vehicles, if the Toyota optional accessory “tray-type” floor mat is not secured by the retaining hooks, or if it is placed on top of an existing floor mat, the tray-type mat could move forward and may interfere with the accelerator pedal. The manufacturer will notify owners to remove the tray-type floor mat and provide instructions on how to obtain a refund.

2010 Lexus GX460
Vehicles affected: 446

On certain vehicles, if driven through a sharp turn at high speed, the rear tires may loose traction and the vehicle may go in a sideways direction. Owners will be advised and dealers will reprogram the vehicle stability control software.

2010 Volvo XC90
Vehicles affected: 168

On certain vehicles, a manufacturing defect in the fuel pressure line may result in a fuel smell and/or fuel seepage. Since the fuel line is working under constant pressure, seepage may occur within a short period of time and eventually develop into a greater fuel leak. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the affected fuel pressure line.

2005-2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2005-2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan
Vehicles affected: 9,474

On certain vehicles, the wire harness connecting the belt tension sensor (BTS) and the occupant detection sensor (ODS) control unit under the front passenger seat can experience relative movement, possibly caused by vehicle vibration or a passenger on the seat cushion. In certain instances, this may cause the pin and sleeve terminals in the connector to rub against each other, which could lead to a signal interruption from the BTS to the ODS control unit. If a signal interruption is detected, the passenger air bag would not operate, and the red supplement air bag warning light would flash and the amber front passenger air bag status light would illuminate. Dealers will repair affected vehicles.
[/align]
Read the Lexus write up.
Expect many of those to come in 2011 when All vehicals are required to have Active Suspension.

Anf the Ford wirte up... Is that the Best Ford can F up lol
Man, I'd like to know just how many Ford Fusions are part of that recall cause I don't think I've personally come across a car with manual front seat back adjustments. The cars I've seen are all power seatbacks Tongue

Probably the Fusion S model (all five of them Ford ever made and sent up here Big Grin)

NefCanuck
haha, i wanted to get a highlander but that was the only suv/car Toyota didnt give special pricing on. I wonder if this recall is going to change that Smile