FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fuel Pump Problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know there is recall on fuel pump but with my vin, i see none..
will ford still replace pump without any charge??

or is there anyway i can test fuel pump??
konafocuswrc,Mar 26 2009, 02:26 PM Wrote:i know there is recall on fuel pump but with my vin, i see none..

[right][snapback]283491[/snapback][/right]

Unless your VIN specifically falls within the guidelines of any recall, TSB or service action, Ford will most assuredly not pay for anything - - they are hell bent on reducing their warranty costs and that means not only making better vehicles but also being very strict on applying warranty coverage - the notion of good will adjustments is almost dead now.

I assume you want to test it for how much it pumps?? That's very messy and somewhat dangerous and should probably be better left to a pro ... otherwise IIRC the first indication of a pump going south is the sound it makes ... what symptoms are you getting?
ZTWsquared,Mar 26 2009, 12:55 PM Wrote:
konafocuswrc,Mar 26 2009, 02:26 PM Wrote:i know there is recall on fuel pump but with my vin, i see none..

[right][snapback]283491[/snapback][/right]

Unless your VIN specifically falls within the guidelines of any recall, TSB or service action, Ford will most assuredly not pay for anything - - they are hell bent on reducing their warranty costs and that means not only making better vehicles but also being very strict on applying warranty coverage - the notion of good will adjustments is almost dead now.

I assume you want to test it for how much it pumps?? That's very messy and somewhat dangerous and should probably be better left to a pro ... otherwise IIRC the first indication of a pump going south is the sound it makes ... what symptoms are you getting?
[right][snapback]283492[/snapback][/right]

got 2 oxygen sensor related code..

but other than that..
when i m done at work and there is nice curvy road(bit of uphill and o shape)..

i do about 50mph and use ebrake with it..(it is safe road)

if i push harder(keeps pushing gas pedal), i feel like speed governor kicks in..it won't allow me to go any faster..if i let the pedal, then car drives but if i keep push pedal, then i get sputtering(sounds like boo boo boo boo boo..)..ike speed govervor is controlling speed..50mph and drops down and goes to 50 mph and drops down again..and makes boo boo boo sound..
as soon as road gets straight, it drives normal..
it is very hard to explain in words..
I had the same problem. I replaced the DPFE... no change. I replaced the O2 sensors and the car drives like new again.

I still have the fuel pump recall letter at home. Fuel pump is still good after 9 years.
so it is o2 sensors problem, not fuel pump??