FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: LOST MY F*&*ING key's!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I lost my key's! looked everywhere and can't find them and it just so happens i don't have a spare. what do i have to do to get another set of key's?
go to a dealership with your VIN and probably a piece of ID.
Correct Answer: BOHICA

Expect to be looking at a $200-$300 bill.
(05-09-2010, 11:01 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]Correct Answer: BOHICA

What's the acronym - I assume the B is for bend and the O is for over LOL.

Anyway - it there's any chance you've locked the keys in the car it would be alot less expensive because you don't need a new PATS key just to get the door open.
(05-09-2010, 11:04 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2010, 11:01 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]Correct Answer: BOHICA

What's the acronym - I assume the B is for bend and the O is for over LOL.

Anyway - it there's any chance you've locked the keys in the car it would be alot less expensive because you don't need a new PATS key just to get the door open.

No the doors are opened i have lost my key's elsewhere, what do i need to get done to have key's back to drive my car?? How much am i looking at?
they already said take your vin to the dealership along with about $300
(05-10-2010, 01:37 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]they already said take your vin to the dealership along with about $300

What will they do for me is what I'm asking? It is a chip key so just cutting a new key wont work....Don't they have to replace the key cylinder along with something in the ecu?
(05-10-2010, 03:23 AM)bmxfu Wrote: [ -> ]What will they do for me is what I'm asking? It is a chip key so just cutting a new key wont work....Don't they have to replace the key cylinder along with something in the ecu?
Just getting a key cut you do at canadian tire...like i said in my first post with the VIN they make you a new key and program it, ergo why they need the VIN, as well as why the cost is so high.

on a side note, whats the acronym mean? lol.
(05-09-2010, 11:04 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]What's the acronym - I assume the B is for bend and the O is for over LOL.

LOL
Something to ask them is do they reflash the entire ECU? If so thats gonna suck, make sure you take your programmer with you and reflash your tune.
(05-12-2010, 12:26 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]Something to ask them is do they reflash the entire ECU? If so thats gonna suck, make sure you take your programmer with you and reflash your tune.

I don't have a programmer, i use a chip would it be OK if i pulled the chip and then let them do what they need to? Once all is said and done and i get raped for $300.00 i can plug my chip back in and everything should be back to normal???
(05-10-2010, 09:05 AM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2010, 03:23 AM)bmxfu Wrote: [ -> ]What will they do for me is what I'm asking? It is a chip key so just cutting a new key wont work....Don't they have to replace the key cylinder along with something in the ecu?
Just getting a key cut you do at canadian tire...like i said in my first post with the VIN they make you a new key and program it, ergo why they need the VIN, as well as why the cost is so high.

on a side note, whats the acronym mean? lol.

BOHICA = Bend Over Here It Comes Again
guess what guys, I FOUND MY F*&*ING key's! they were in my van underneath a pile of garbage in the side pocket of the passenger door. I was in the dealership and the service manager told me i could come back in 15-20 minutes or just wait for the head tech to get back for lunch. So i opted to clean the van out a little bit in the meen time and sure enough there they were. Saved me about $300.00 and a tow charge to get the car to the dealer.