FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone from Ottawa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not certain if this should have gone in Focus Talk or Off-Topic or Meetings and G2Gs

Is there anyone on the board from the Ottawa, ON area? I'm now working full time after going to Carleton, but most people I know have graduated and moved away. I currently don't know any "car" guys, let alone anyone into Foci.

I'm going to putting a new suspension on my car this weekend. I was wondering if anyone in the area wanted to give me a hand. I have all the nesseccary hand tools (except perhaps a 15/16 socket for the spring compressor), no air tools. I should be able to get it done myself, but the more hands, the better. Beer and lunch are on me, and it would be nice to meet a like minded person in the area.

EDIT: What happened to my post count, I know I didn't have that many posts, but I'm definitely not a new member. Something with the forum switchover?
I often frequent the OTTAWA area, give me a shout, We can have a Ottawa G2G some time
im from ottawa. id lend a hand this weekend but i wont be around. maybe next time you need help with something i can lend a hand
I'm from Rockland about 20-25 minutes from Ottawa, i think we should definitely have an Ottawa/Gatineau g2g sometime.
i want to install my own new suspension soon too, i would be interested in going for a learning experience
(05-12-2010, 03:12 PM)StreetEdition Wrote: [ -> ]i want to install my own new suspension soon too, i would be interested in going for a learning experience

Well I know how to the do the install, but an extra set of hands is hugely helpful. If you wanted to lend a hand this weekend and learn how its done, I'd be happy to help you install your suspension.

I'm in Nepean, in the Centrepointe area.

An Ottawa get together sounds like a good idea, the Toronto guys have the Massive Monday meets, we should have something similiar, perhaps jsut not as often.
The subaru clubs meets once a month, every 1st wednesday of the month, maybe you guys can do the same.
Sounds like a good idea, should work on organizing something.
I live in Kemptville, and work in Ottawa. Did my own suspension a few years ago, with just hand tools in my driveway.

But your car is alot newer than mine, so it should go a little better than mine... Big Grin