FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sandblasting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to get my wheels sandblasted so that they can be painted/powder coated and look new again. i am from the ottawa area. Does anybody know of anywhere to get my wheels done? i found one place in Richmond, ON but he wants $35.99 a wheel. after tax it would be $162.68 and then powdercoating is another $300.00 so i would rather spend the extra $100.00 and get brand new wheels.

if anybody can help that'd be great.
(05-14-2010, 03:29 AM)bmxfu Wrote: [ -> ]I want to get my wheels sandblasted so that they can be painted/powder coated and look new again. i am from the ottawa area. Does anybody know of anywhere to get my wheels done? i found one place in Richmond, ON but he wants $35.99 a wheel. after tax it would be $162.68 and then powdercoating is another $300.00 so i would rather spend the extra $100.00 and get brand new wheels.

if anybody can help that'd be great.

If you check out the Redliners.ca forums, I believe one of the members does Sandblasting. Better to ask their as well, its an Ottawa area forum.
where ever you get them powder coated usually with sand blast them first. call around and ask those places. i know some1 who powder coats and they sand blast most of the stuff they touch
(05-14-2010, 03:48 AM)Lowe9 Wrote: [ -> ]If you check out the Redliners.ca forums, I believe one of the members does Sandblasting. Better to ask their as well, its an Ottawa area forum.
Dont bother with that shithole.

Kirk, if your getting them powder coated, there is no need to get them sandblasted. They will do all the prep work for you.
(05-14-2010, 05:00 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2010, 03:48 AM)Lowe9 Wrote: [ -> ]If you check out the Redliners.ca forums, I believe one of the members does Sandblasting. Better to ask their as well, its an Ottawa area forum.
Dont bother with that shithole.

Kirk, if your getting them powder coated, there is no need to get them sandblasted. They will do all the prep work for you.

havent decided on paint or powdercoat yet but i am curious as to price ranges for sandblasting. do you know anywhere that will sand blast wheels?

I have had two quotes, one as stated above and another from riverside body shop in clarence. $60.00/hr plus sand with a minimum of two hours and two bags of sand at $40.00/bag so it would be a $200.00 minimum. and he can"t guarantee it will be it will be 2 hours max.
http://sites.google.com/site/envirocoatnorthbay/home

Ask for Darrel. Tell him Oscar sent ya. He's the guy who did my gold rims and they are spectacular

Number is 705-471-1987
(05-14-2010, 07:24 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]http://sites.google.com/site/envirocoatnorthbay/home

Ask for Darrel. Tell him Oscar sent ya. He's the guy who did my gold rims and they are spectacular

Number is 705-471-1987

Where about's is he located? I'm in the 613 area code Ottawa area.705 is north bay if I'm not mistaken.
you dont need to sand blast your wheels. I've had my wheels painted and powdercoated before, and never needed them sandblasted.
Yes he's here in North Bay. and you don't need to sandblast only if you have rust issues.
(05-15-2010, 03:28 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]you dont need to sand blast your wheels. I've had my wheels painted and powdercoated before, and never needed them sandblasted.

They were painted last year by maaco, All the paint has been chipping off and they look like crap. I used paint stripper on them and it has eaten through the black paint and factory finish as well. I just don't have the time to finish them as it is a long long process. So i figured the fastest way to have them done is sand blasting them, the prices just seem outrageous. I could spend $100.00 less and buy brand new wheels.Also the cheapest price i received for doing all the prep work and powder coating was $135.00 a wheel before taxes. It would cost me $610.20 for everything complete so like i said i can buy new wheels for $500.00.
You might find some other wheels on Kiiji.
(05-15-2010, 08:55 AM)bmxfu Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2010, 03:28 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]you dont need to sand blast your wheels. I've had my wheels painted and powdercoated before, and never needed them sandblasted.

They were painted last year by maaco, All the paint has been chipping off and they look like crap. I used paint stripper on them and it has eaten through the black paint and factory finish as well. I just don't have the time to finish them as it is a long long process. So i figured the fastest way to have them done is sand blasting them, the prices just seem outrageous. I could spend $100.00 less and buy brand new wheels.Also the cheapest price i received for doing all the prep work and powder coating was $135.00 a wheel before taxes. It would cost me $610.20 for everything complete so like i said i can buy new wheels for $500.00.

Maybe go a different route - use a soy based gel type paint remover and just get it down to bare metal and see what you have.
(05-15-2010, 01:35 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2010, 08:55 AM)bmxfu Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe go a different route - use a soy based gel type paint remover and just get it down to bare metal and see what you have.

That is what i have been using, I just don't have the time to do them.
Have access to a compressor? Head to Princess Auto and buy the stuff to do it yourself! Smile

Seriously though, for the prices you've been quoted to have them sandblasted, you could get the powdercoated for not much more at RLD (on Albion Rd.).

http://rldindustries.com/

-Ryan
(05-22-2010, 12:56 PM)reldridge Wrote: [ -> ]Have access to a compressor? Head to Princess Auto and buy the stuff to do it yourself! Smile

Seriously though, for the prices you've been quoted to have them sandblasted, you could get the powdercoated for not much more at RLD (on Albion Rd.).

http://rldindustries.com/

-Ryan

I had a friend who recently purchased a sandblaster so i got them done for the price of the glass, i phoned RLD and they wanted $195.00 per wheel to prep and powder coat. I can buy the wheels new from deals for wheels for $500.00 so getting them done at rld would be wasting money.
Wow, I didn't think they were that much!
RLD is hit and miss with their prices. If you can get the 'family discount' you can get them done for $100/wheel.