FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Street Racing Law
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So what is it with G35 drivers always going fast. Again it happened last night.

G25 Sedan doing 180 and got pulled over. about a month ago 2 door G35 doing 250!!!

dammm Infiniti should sell to smarter drivers!! :D
Infiniti couldn't care less, you just can't BUY better publicity.
and the G35 top speed was rated at 240 KM
ZX3_2NV,Mar 26 2009, 08:57 AM Wrote:and the G35 top speed was rated at 240 KM
[right][snapback]283453[/snapback][/right]

As if there aren't performance mods out there for the G35 to remove such minor annoyances as a speed limiter :lol:

NefCanuck
I just love the sound of a G35 coupe. It something about that slight buzz/humm of the exhaust.
I doubt that they even would mantion second G35 speeding if it wasn't for the first one who was going 250km/h.
The first incident the driver obviosly panic and pulled over.....at 2am going 250..what cops are gonna see? Your tail lights....Yes im saying he could have gotten away BUT maybe he couldn't have, but chanses for him were pretty damn high.....With that speed he possibly could have out ran the radio and halicopter lol.
Oh and so nobody bitches about it....No i don't support speeding, just stating the other side. Now the dude will put out huuuge money for lawyer...and its been stated that his insuarence will go up to $30k/year. Which is ok we need people like that off road no doubt.
I personaly know a couple people now who went 50 over the limit that being said they weren't racing anyone, simply trying to pass someone on the highway. You don't wanna know how much bulls*** they have to go through now not to mentione their insuarence will jump like no other.
I'll stop now cause i know alot of you don't like to face reality too much around here. I know alot of you drive 100km/h on the highways...yeaah right.

We need more tracks with longer straights.......
I bet you there are more people out there now trying to get away from cops cause of this 50 over law and while they do that they put more people in danger....We just never hear about this on tv or newspaper.
Well guess what I've heard it a bunch of times now from real people. Folks simply don't wanna deal with 7 day impound(+fees), $2000-$10000k fines ,$hitty stunt driving charge (by the way look up all definitions for that spesific charge) and 50 over the limit and some of them do take chances in that case.
The problem is there are too many sheeps in canada(more like only in Ontario) that follow anything that government throughs at them not realising that their freedom is taken little by little.

This monday i was driving to work on 407, time was 7am. The normal speed on 407 is around 125-135km/h. All of the sudden the whole traffic drops its speed to 100-105km/h. All i saw in front of me red tail lights. I was like wtf. Two cars almost colided.What do I see? An OPP cruiser driving in the far right lane going EXACTLY 100km/h. And ofcourse having his radar on looking to grab people, saw it for myself, had to pass him little by little doing 105km/h with my cruise on. I'm not paying 17cents/km so I can do grandma driving. Hello money grab!

Bye now
^^I like how bitter you are,you have some valid points.
My GF says when this goes to court his insurance will drop him and Kingsway will pick him up and she will see how much he will get dinged. She also said that he was charged with Stunting. In kingsway it is just a major not a serious like Racing. So he'll get a little break lol. But what he did was just stupid.
Lets just go and invade downsview :)
Bottom line, cars are getting to fast for our roads.
Scorcher000,Mar 26 2009, 08:26 PM Wrote:My GF says when this goes to court his insurance will drop him and Kingsway will pick him up and she will see how much he will get dinged. She also said that he was charged with Stunting. In kingsway it is just a major not a serious like Racing. So he'll get a little break lol. But what he did was just stupid.
[right][snapback]283538[/snapback][/right]

when you get 50 over you also automaticly get stunt driving :rolleyes: ......so yes you get 2 charges to fight

i seriosly believe that this law won't last for too long....but thats only my believing :blink:
Speeding to excess is stupid in any circumstance. I stick to 115, maybe 120 and I get passed all the time. There isn't enough enforcement on the roads today. But that is only my opinion.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 26 2009, 11:34 PM Wrote:Speeding to excess is stupid in any circumstance. I stick to 115, maybe 120 and I get passed all the time. There isn't enough enforcement on the roads today. But that is only my opinion.
[right][snapback]283549[/snapback][/right]

I'm kinda the same way, my insurance is nice and low now,anything over 15 could get me points. That would change I bet if it had a turbo :lol:
The major problem here, seriously, is... *puts on flame-retardant suit*

They give a f***ing license to anyone. And I'm not talking about speeding. What about all the shady drivers' ed schools that the ministry knows about where they teach the BARE minimum to new immigrants so they can get a license? Then, you see them plodding along the 401 @ 95-100 KM/H, waiting to get hit / cause an accident. They don't signal, check their lane changes, they roll through stop signs, etc. Now, the best part is... a lot of old-school Canadians do it too!

Now, what about truck drivers? You can't tell me all those rampaging morons with AZ licenses deserve them. It used to be that you actually had to WORK to get those licenses. Now, I've seen PLENTY of "Canadians" even pulling out of the truck stops here in North Bay, on their way to Cochrane, Hearst, or wherever they're going. They just drive right out onto a 4-lane, non-divided highway, swinging as wide as they feel, cutting off 2-3 lanes of traffic. If they had skill, they could at least stay within their lanes as they make a right-hand entrance to the highway. But no. Wandering wildebeasts for all! :ph34r: I've been south-bound in the opposite lanes of traffic and had to brake HARD to avoid one of these rocket scientists, more than once.

Dump truck drivers? So far, that seems to be an epidemic for down south as most dump trucks up here seem to be in half-decent shape. Everyone's paid by weight of their load, it seems, so the more they can cram in (and go overweight, and overload their trucks, ruining the chance for safe performance), the more money they make. Remember a couple of years back when that dump truck jumped the traffic island in Brampton (or near there)? At least one dead kid, and that driver will likely be back behind the wheel soon.

People overloading minivans with 8-10 people or more? Enough already! This is as bad as those immigrants crammed into cube vans to pick dew worms for bait shops!

Also, our highways were designed to support cars moving at a speed of 60-65 MPH on the secondary roads (like Hwy 11 North of Barrie) and 85 MPH on the primary, 400-series roads. Why not have a graduated licensing system based on skill? Why not make people pass competency levels to remove a 100 KM/H restriction from their license? We make them pass the G2 exit exam, why not add a higher-speed competency component to prove you can handle your car at 130-140 KM/H?
i agree that limit on the highway should be at least 120km/h........130 would be me dreaming :)
NefCanuck,Mar 26 2009, 03:02 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Mar 26 2009, 08:57 AM Wrote:and the G35 top speed was rated at 240 KM
[right][snapback]283453[/snapback][/right]

As if there aren't performance mods out there for the G35 to remove such minor annoyances as a speed limiter :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]283527[/snapback][/right]

It was a completly STOCK G35

and if the speed limit was rasied to 120 your telling me we wouldn't be doing 130 - 140
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 27 2009, 07:21 AM Wrote:The major problem here, seriously, is... *puts on flame-retardant suit*

They give a f***ing license to anyone. And I'm not talking about speeding. What about all the shady drivers' ed schools that the ministry knows about where they teach the BARE minimum to new immigrants so they can get a license? Then, you see them plodding along the 401 @ 95-100 KM/H, waiting to get hit / cause an accident. They don't signal, check their lane changes, they roll through stop signs, etc. Now, the best part is... a lot of old-school Canadians do it too!

Now, what about truck drivers? You can't tell me all those rampaging morons with AZ licenses deserve them. It used to be that you actually had to WORK to get those licenses. Now, I've seen PLENTY of "Canadians" even pulling out of the truck stops here in North Bay, on their way to Cochrane, Hearst, or wherever they're going. They just drive right out onto a 4-lane, non-divided highway, swinging as wide as they feel, cutting off 2-3 lanes of traffic. If they had skill, they could at least stay within their lanes as they make a right-hand entrance to the highway. But no. Wandering wildebeasts for all! :ph34r: I've been south-bound in the opposite lanes of traffic and had to brake HARD to avoid one of these rocket scientists, more than once.

Dump truck drivers? So far, that seems to be an epidemic for down south as most dump trucks up here seem to be in half-decent shape. Everyone's paid by weight of their load, it seems, so the more they can cram in (and go overweight, and overload their trucks, ruining the chance for safe performance), the more money they make. Remember a couple of years back when that dump truck jumped the traffic island in Brampton (or near there)? At least one dead kid, and that driver will likely be back behind the wheel soon.

[right][snapback]283564[/snapback][/right]

Well for once you seem to have a valid point, the ministry has now given truck driving schools the ability to hand out an AZ license on the spot with out a ministry driving inspector. End result...pay$5000-$10’000 and you have a “truck license”
No driving exam with a ministry driving instructor.

Its really bad at my work when these truck drivers have trucks that are unsafe (brakes out of adjustment, holes in the trailer frame etc…I would say almost 80% of these drivers couldn't back up there truck in a straight line, I’ve even seen them back into buildings and machinery.

As for dump trucks you are misled in most aspects. Prior to dump trucks getting loaded they must give there GVW to the quarry, demolition yard, etc so they are not overloaded, if that truck was “overweight” they would inform him and he would have to off load be excess weight. Most places will refuse to let overweight trucks off there property incase there is an accident (then the company would be responsible)

Most accident are from poorly maintained trucks (airbrakes out of adjustment, broken springs...the list could go on.)
Canadian ST,Mar 27 2009, 08:31 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 27 2009, 07:21 AM Wrote:The major problem here, seriously, is... *puts on flame-retardant suit*

[right][snapback]283564[/snapback][/right]

Well for once you seem to have a valid point, the ministry has now given truck driving schools the ability to hand out an AZ license on the spot with out a ministry driving inspector. End result...pay$5000-$10’000 and you have a “truck license”
No driving exam with a ministry driving instructor.

Its really bad at my work when these truck drivers have trucks that are unsafe (brakes out of adjustment, holes in the trailer frame etc…I would say almost 80% of these drivers could back up there truck in a straight line, I’ve even seen them back into buildings and machinery.

As for dump trucks you are misled in most aspects. Prior to dump trucks getting loaded they must give there GVW to the quarry, demolition yard, etc so they are not overloaded, if that truck was “overweight” they would inform him and he would have to off load be excess weight. Most places will refuse to let overweight trucks off there property incase there is an accident (then the company would be responsible)

Most accident are from poorly maintained trucks (airbrakes out of adjustment, broken springs...the list could go on.)
[right][snapback]283595[/snapback][/right]

That is so very true about the trucks. When the tires started flying off the vehicals right away there was blame against the Wheel Installers. Really the problem was the bearings in the hubs were not properly checked all the time and they had dried up and broken off of the hubs.
Speaking of stunting...

Welcome back Ray Emery!

It's in impound by my place... :D
reldridge,Mar 27 2009, 09:02 AM Wrote:Speaking of stunting...

Welcome back Ray Emery!

It's in impound by my place... :D
[right][snapback]283599[/snapback][/right]

But really to him it's pocket change
Pages: 1 2