FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: dragging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone want to hit up a drag strip? ive never been to one except as a spectator at big events.

i'd like to go to one and run down the strip a few times just to do it.

anyone down? ill drive anywhere within 3 hours of me.
you should join jamie when he goes to cayuga.
We need to go on a test and tune day. Jamie set one up that might be on a day like that.
Im willing to set up a date, now what it all depends on is when are people that are interested in going available?

usually test n tunes run on friday nights, wednesday nights, saturday during day, sometime saturday night and sometimes sunday during the day. There is also test and tune during race events, however it is always more expensive.

hours during the evening are usually 7-10 at TMP and during the day usually start from 11 and go til 4

what if we went sometime around the same time frame as dyno day? the thing that sucks for me is i cant do saturdays during the day. so evenings are the times for me. the 18th we could go to cayuga, race eachother, make some bets on the dyno day and hit that up on sunday. or if track is open saturday night, do it then instead as more would likely be able to make it there.

Let me know what everyone wants and ill find a date that works etc..

also, prices for regular evening test n tune 7-11 is 20/car to race and 10/person spectator

during day i believe it is 30$ and 15$
i'd hit up a friday night one day...needa few weeks to iron out things on my car tho....
ya well like i mean, im waiting on a clutch anyways, likely looking to hit track no earlier then first weekend in june for my regular fun times
(05-21-2010, 12:30 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]ya well like i mean, im waiting on a clutch anyways, likely looking to hit track no earlier then first weekend in june for my regular fun times

sounds good. i'd be down to racing a few other focus Tongue

on that note, if you're going THAT late I might see about some friends locally. I know a buddy with a built 5.0 mustang who'd be down for going (dunno if his 4th gear is rebuilt though)..... ANYWAY

y
eah.
what ill do is whenever im going to cayuga, ill post up ahead of time. usually weather spoils my plans so i tend to not plan ahead, but ill try to as much as i can. last year the rain sucked huge because everytime i wanted to go, it rained and track closed.

i wanna see what other people will run. also, dont expect to much from your car. they tend to let you down LOL

aim high (time wise LOL) and you wont be disappointed!
After the first weekend in June I should be much freer time wise. I'll keep an eye out (I wanna race something I know I can beat Tongue)

NefCanuck
better keep an eye out for a swift then....
(05-21-2010, 03:43 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]what ill do is whenever im going to cayuga, ill post up ahead of time. usually weather spoils my plans so i tend to not plan ahead, but ill try to as much as i can. last year the rain sucked huge because everytime i wanted to go, it rained and track closed.

i wanna see what other people will run. also, dont expect to much from your car. they tend to let you down LOL

aim high (time wise LOL) and you wont be disappointed!

Hahaha I have my expectations pretty low on what kind of performance i'm going to get out of my focus Tongue
haha, well im going to say, first time out expect around the 17 second mark, somewhere between 16.8-17.5
I haven't posted any info on this yet but this is always a great weekend and alot of time to test and tune.

[Image: CSCN2010promosm.png]
i'll come out and drag with you guys
when are you back from the plant hommie? we need to do some back road street racing
(05-22-2010, 02:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]when are you back from the plant hommie? we need to do some back road street racing

don't tell the OPP you're going for a "car club cruise"

... :p

and if i can expect 16.8-175. then I guess I know what my goal is.