FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Photos from May 16th WOSCA Autoslalom Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was my some what real autocross event. Can't say that I fell in love with this type of automotive sport but it does make you learn your car a bit more in tighted spots. What really got me is we were there for almost 8 hours yet everyone only got like 5 min on the track, so go figure....a lot of standing around or doing marshalling for other groups.
It was hard going agains Miatas and any other smaller tighter cars + they had lots of experience with them. Oh well it was a good learning event I sure will make it to another one. There were 39 cars and i came in 22nd....not even sure if its good or not for the first time.
My buddy in 240sx came in 20th.....my other bud who's been racing forever came in 6th in his Type R Integra (you can't touch these cars on smaller track no matter how much you guys hate on JDM)
Best time was 61.x and my time was 67.8
Also 98% of the track was in 1st gear Undecided and i should have put my rear swaybar to the stiffest setting to get the rear more tail happy.\
Vids will come soon

Start of the day
[Image: 22.jpg]

Swapped to R-comps
[Image: 23.jpg]

555....get it?
[Image: 10.jpg]

[Image: 21.jpg]
[Image: 24.jpg]
[Image: 25.jpg]
[Image: 20.jpg]
[Image: 19.jpg]
[Image: 18.jpg]
[Image: 17.jpg]
waiting for my turn.....this wagon did actually pretty good
[Image: 17-1.jpg]
[Image: 16.jpg]
buddys type R and 240
[Image: 15.jpg]
[Image: 14.jpg]
another friends car....200sx.....we did get good videos with this Go-Pro cam
[Image: 13.jpg]
track
[Image: 12.jpg]
go pro inside of my car
[Image: 11.jpg]
200sx with RB engine swap Smile
[Image: 9.jpg]

the look Undecided
[Image: 8.jpg]

buds
[Image: 7.jpg]
[Image: 6.jpg]

some other rides
[Image: 6-1.jpg]

line up of another group
[Image: 5.jpg]

us doing something
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]

sharp RIGHT
[Image: 3.jpg]

check out our numbers.....love this pic
[Image: 1.jpg]
did you carry your other set of wheels in the trunk while you were on the track or what?
(05-26-2010, 02:11 PM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]did you carry your other set of wheels in the trunk while you were on the track or what?

lol no
what a silly quastion.....you leave all your stuff at your "station"
Guesses for the meaning of your number "555":

The devil had already taken "666"?

"555" are the first 3 numbers of your fake TV/internet phone number?

"555" is a common timer circuit?
(05-26-2010, 07:36 PM)dBlast Wrote: [ -> ]Guesses for the meaning of your number "555":

The devil had already taken "666"?

"555" are the first 3 numbers of your fake TV/internet phone number?

"555" is a common timer circuit?

I know I don't rally but....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...za_WRC.jpg
here's my $hitty first run (camera outside of the car)....lol loving the comment my buddy made at the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vii94PjvP5c

and here's one of the good runs (inside of the car)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhkNV1MimnQ
Pretty cool Nik. Did you get the GoPro HD camera, or is that shot on the Wide?
(05-27-2010, 03:08 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool Nik. Did you get the GoPro HD camera, or is that shot on the Wide?

It was my buddy's GoPro HD camera.......I want one now
isnt the s12 SR powered? i coulda swore it was... and btw he was a member here for about a week LOL

looks pretty good nik, im surprised nelson did so well or did he drift the whole way?
(05-28-2010, 02:57 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]isnt the s12 SR powered? i coulda swore it was... and btw he was a member here for about a week LOL

looks pretty good nik, im surprised nelson did so well or did he drift the whole way?

yeah you're right it's SR turbo
he still lurks on here by the way

Nelso drifted his first 2 runs and then he stopped and his time dropped as well. His car has that nice pick up in 2nd gear + he's a good driver.
Did I see a 70's era Pontiac Firechicken in the paddock waiting it's turn?

Unless that thing was worked over stem to stern suspension wise it should have by all rights been like a beached whale out there...

NefCanuck