FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: regular oil filter with synthetic oil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can i use a regular oil filter if i put in synthetic oil? i need a anwser quick!
(05-31-2010, 03:35 AM)KillaCamST Wrote: [ -> ]Can i use a regular oil filter if i put in synthetic oil? i need a anwser quick!

Of course. But it would be wise to change it sooner than the 10-15k interval that you can run the synthetic for. ie change the filter at 7k, top up the oil and change the oil at 14k.

That is if you run the oil the extended period. personally I run synthetic and change it every 7-8k regardless. I buy a crapload of synthetic whenever it's on sale for $18/4.4L
Yeah 5-6k for me and I change my synthetic oil. Oil test lab did testing on my used Motul oil and told me I can run 6k on my car no problem. I track my car quit a bit so I don't mess around with longer oil changes.
I have about 12,000KM on my Amsoil 0W20 100% Synthetic and I'm not track star or dragger but I do rev it out some days. Send a sample in for testing and they sad I'm good for another 10,000KM with the way I drive. Imagine if I drove like a grandmother lol. That s**t will never need a changing.

PPL above are right about the Filter VS the Oil. Always have to make sure they equal out with the changing intervals and quality.

I have a customer with a older Cavailer and the filter is hard to get to. So he buys the Amsoil 40,000KM filter and then just runs normal oil in it and changes just the oil every 4-5,000KM. He should just buy the oil too but, what can you do...