FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brake lights are out??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my 2000 zx3 the brake lights don't seem to want to work...

the running lights/signals/hazards work fine, but the 3rd brake light doesn't work and the taillights don't "brake"

i don't have an owners manual for this car and it is different from my 02 (as far as some of the fuse locations)

It's just wierd how none of the brake lights work
I had that issue on my old Olds and it turned out to be a brake light "switch" located behind the brake pedal. Does the Focus have anything like that? Huh

NefCanuck
I will have a look in my Haynes when I gat home, but thats what it sounds like. Brake light switch.
Check the wiring that goes to your hatch maybe you got a wire piniched.
(06-07-2010, 05:09 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]I had that issue on my old Olds and it turned out to be a brake light "switch" located behind the brake pedal. Does the Focus have anything like that? Huh

NefCanuck

yeah it does, had the issues with my focus, but my issue was that the break lights would stay on all the time, one of teh very 1st issues I had and it was fixed under warranty.

Also check the hatch like Drew said, those wires are notorious for cracking and splitting.