FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ken, can you read this??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ken, I did not want to publicize any of our conversation but i have to do..

you threw out bunch of options for me to choose, i followed every options you gave, and what is next?
dude, if you're having troubles with your PM's, goto your inbox, and delete all messages. It'll sort out the issue that many people have been experiencing with PMs since the site migration.
i don't have problem with my pm, what are you talking about, i even have his email and phone number..
Are you trying to let some secrets out Leo? Sure sounds like it. LOL
to summarize everything,

thursday 10:30pm
ken(pmd me on thursday 10:30pm): can you come pick up...later today, i always stay up late or tomorrow before i leave..? or you can wait until sunday morning..
me(pmd back him in 30mins): where do you want me to..?
1 hour later,
me(email to ken): i guess it is late, when can you drop off tomorrow..?
nothing..

friday around 4~5pm
ken(email back to me on friday afternoon): was late yesterday, i can drop off today later or meet half way...

he gave me his phone number..

but i didn't have time friday afternoon, so i decided to wait until sunday morning when he gets back.

sunday morning
meSademailed ken on sunday morning): can we meet half way?
then i saw him online on focuscanada here and waited couple hours for him to reply back to me, nothing happened...

meSadcalled his phone number, sunday afternoon), no answer.
meSadpmd ken, sunday afternoon), nothing.
but he sure read my emails and pm, my email told me so.
it is sunday 10:25pm right now, i still got nothing form him.

i didn't have any problem with him before and he was nice to get me everything..
this time, he gave me pick up, drop off time, and his phone number..
tried all options so far, but he is not getting back to me..
Leo ... it takes two to communicate ... when I ask you to call me and I give you my number, it's what I meant. You didn't call.

I'm sorry you felt the need to post this here Leo, but in the spirit of full disclosure, you left out a few salient points.

First: you gave me a 20% deposit and I paid for the balance of the parts you ordered on my own credit card ... close to a thousand bucks.

I emailed you 2:30 pm on Saturday, May 29th that your order was ready (FRPP brake kit and AEM wideband and we should meet up soon so you could get your parts, and I could get my money. If you recall I offered to delivery the wideband a couple of weeks ago, but you opted to take them both together. So on Saturday, I suggested early Sunday morning and said I would come to your work if that was convenient.

Your response was that you needed to do PayPal. I said "no problem, I'll send you an invoice." I did that on June 2nd, you paid it on June 3rd.

You sent me a PM suggesting we do it at the Monday meet (that would be tomorrow) or earlier if I could arrange it - so I tried. I asked where I could drop it off on Friday - you didn't respond.

I said we could meet late Thursday night ... that was at around 8:30 ... you got back to me after 11:00 ... sorry, but I didn't get that PM until the next day.

I also offered to drop it off during the day on Friday and asked you for a location ... you didn't respond.

I told you that I was going to be at the cottage from late Friday night through Sunday morning and said that you would be welcome to come and pick up while I loaded my car and trailer on Friday night. I gave you my phone number and asked you to call to finalize the arrangements. Until I got your pm and read this thread, I haven't heard from you at all.

You didn't call me Leo. I left for Huntsville at 11:00 and could have met you until then. You didn't call me and so I went on with my life including making plans for my Sunday.

And btw - you still haven't called me. You've had my number since last week and could have called any time. I've been busy around the house and at the kid's piano recital this evening, and dinner out ... and yet I've had my phone with me all that time and would have taken your call.

I didn't think anything of it of course because it is the weekend and I imagined you were busy ... no problem as far as I'm concerned, until of course I read this thread.

I'm not sure what your motives are in creating this thread Leo, but considering you've had my number since last week and have consciously chosen not to call me and are now intimating that it's somehow my fault we haven't connected ... well I gotta tell you I'm ticked.

Don't bother calling me now ... here's the deal. Meet me tomorrow evening at Dixie and Matheson at 7:30 pm and your parts will be there.

Failing that give me your address and I'll have it shipped to your place.

(06-07-2010, 12:18 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]to summarize everything,

thursday 10:30pm
ken(pmd me on thursday 10:30pm): can you come pick up...later today, i always stay up late or tomorrow before i leave..? or you can wait until sunday morning..
me(pmd back him in 30mins): where do you want me to..?
1 hour later,
me(email to ken): i guess it is late, when can you drop off tomorrow..?
nothing..

friday around 4~5pm
ken(email back to me on friday afternoon): was late yesterday, i can drop off today later or meet half way...

he gave me his phone number..

but i didn't have time friday afternoon, so i decided to wait until sunday morning when he gets back.

sunday morning
meSademailed ken on sunday morning): can we meet half way?
then i saw him online on focuscanada here and waited couple hours for him to reply back to me, nothing happened...

meSadcalled his phone number, sunday afternoon), no answer.
meSadpmd ken, sunday afternoon), nothing.
but he sure read my emails and pm, my email told me so.
it is sunday 10:25pm right now, i still got nothing form him.

i didn't have any problem with him before and he was nice to get me everything..
this time, he gave me pick up, drop off time, and his phone number..
tried all options so far, but he is not getting back to me..
wait a sec, what you mean by i didn't respond?
do you need copy of my email i sent to you?
your email must be acting up.

what is this got to do with you paid rest of 20%??
didn't i pay you money?
you were asking me for deposit of 20%, so i paid..
and i requested invoice for rest of money so i can pay..
you told me you were busy with something else and i got invoice on june 2nd..
so i paid june 3rd..

you are telling everything that not related to any of this matter..

and no you didn't give me your phone number from the beginning..

you must be confused with pm and emails..

here is copy of pm
Quote:You replied to this message on 06-03-2010, 10:30 PM
ZTWsquared
Senior Member 1st Class

Re: update?
To: konafocuswrc

Got the payment, thanks. I'm travelling around quite a bit tomorrow - is there any place I can drop it off maybe?

Other than that it will have to be Sunday evening or Monday - I'll be at the cottage from Friday night through Sunday morning.

Or maybe even later tonight ... I always stay up late, perhaps I can meet you somewhere half way.

that was your first pm to me..
do you see your phone number there?

do you see this part??
Quote:"Or maybe even later tonight ... I always stay up late, perhaps I can meet you somewhere half way."
this was thursday night.

did i get reply from you? no.
then i replied to your pm within 30 mins of recieving that first pm from you..
i got nothing from you, so i sent exact same msg to your email..

Quote:From: leo sun goan kim
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 11:44 PM
To: ken_ken52@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: AEM Group Buy + FRPP Invoice for 20% Deposit

well..i guess you didn't see my pm or your pm, box is full or something..

it is late anyway, so i guess i will have to wait until tomorrow or monday meet..

i got nothing from you until friday afternoon.

Quote:-----Original Message-----
To: "leo sun goan kim"<konafocuswrc@naver.com>
Cc:
Sent: 10-06-04(금) 17:30:57
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AEM Group Buy + FRPP Invoice for 20% Deposit

Hi Leo ... I got your PM but it was too late by then. If you can come to Brampton tonight before 10:30 we could do it then ... I'm leaving for the cottage around 11:00 tonight and won't be back until Sunday morning - so Sunday afternoon would be the first opportunity if we can't make it happen tonight.

Call me on my cell to finalize ... 416-434-6095.

I'm out in the garage loading the car and trailer, so I won't be back at the computer for a couple of hours minimium.

Ken

that is when you gave me your phone number, friday 5:30pm..

when i checked your email and it was evening and you told me you are leaving friday night, so i didn't bother calling you..
so i decided to wait until sunday morning

i saw you log into focuscanda, so i waited for you to reply any of emails or pms for couple hours..
my email has a function to show when reciever check msg..

then sunday this morning, i pmd you, emailed you again and waited..
then around 6:10pm, i called your number, you didn't answer
so i sent you another email to see thread on focuscanada and you did see this.

your email or pm or any of setting of those account must be corrected somehow..
that might be the reason you didn't see pm or email..

i didn't start this thread to set fire on you, like i said in op, you are the good guy to get me everything i wanted from the states and you never failed me..
but this time, be in my position and think why i started this thread..
i replied to your pm and email right away and waited at home doign nothing but sitting in front of computer for you to reply.

other than pm and email, how can you explain about your phone number?i did call and you didn't pick up..?
What's your problem Leo? What you posted is exactly what I posted. And I mentioned the 20% to make sure everyone reading this wasn’t under the impression that I’ve had your money for all this time.

To make it simple for you, and for those keeping score at home, here’s the facts – feel free Leo to confirm or deny:

On Thursday I offered to deliver your stuff on Friday and simply needed to know where ... you chose to ignore the offer and did not respond to that question. True or not true?

Earlier on Thursday evening I also offered to meet up with you later that evening ... I acknowledge you responded, but also mentioned that it was too late ... exactly what you posted. True or not true?

On Friday I gave you my number and asked you to call me to finalize a get together ... at that time I offered Friday night until 10:30 or so, and Sunday afternoon. You didn’t call Friday – true or not true?

Bottom line: my expectation was that you would call me to finalize a get together ... I did not assume you were or were not coming Friday night, and I did not assume you were or were not coming Sunday. I was waiting for you to call to finalize.

You also didn’t call on Saturday. And even though I was in Huntsville, I spoke a couple of times with my sister in California – so I know my phone was working.

It seems reasonable to me that two people who talk on the phone can easily figure out the where and when to meet ... however, I did not have your phone number – so fair or not, it was incumbent on you to call me.

I’ll take your word for it that you called me today – and I’m sorry if I wasn’t standing by at that exact moment to take your call. On the other hand, you did have the option of leaving a voice mail which you chose not to do.

You’ve had all kinds of options to have your parts by now Leo, all of which you have either ignored or been unable to do ... and throughout all of this since Friday, you’ve had the option of calling me and talking directly with me, or at the very least leaving me a voicemail or a text message.

I’ve done this dozens of times before with dozens of guys – and yeah, we’re all busy so sometimes there’s a challenge with setting a time and place ... but I pride myself on being flexible and being a good communicator – and I don’t frankly see how I’ve treated you any differently. And I certainly don’t see how I’ve deserved this kind of public innuendo and accusations.
(06-07-2010, 03:19 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]On Thursday I offered to deliver your stuff on Friday and simply needed to know where ... you chose to ignore the offer and did not respond to that question. True or not true?
not true, didn't ignore, read it again and look at the time and date, everything was replied in 30 mins after you sent me first pm.

Quote:Earlier on Thursday evening I also offered to meet up with you later that evening ... I acknowledge you responded, but also mentioned that it was too late ... exactly what you posted. True or not true?
true but i responded in 30 mins and i got none from you, at thie time, you didn't give me your phone number and you mentioned friday evening, not same thursday night.

Quote:On Friday I gave you my number and asked you to call me to finalize a get together ... at that time I offered Friday night until 10:30 or so, and Sunday afternoon. You didn’t call Friday – true or not true?

true, it was friday evening and when i checked your email, it was late anyway and you also said if i were unable to make for this time, sunday afternoon is the only time, it was late anyway and didn't want to bother your trip to your cottage, so i just waited.

Quote:Bottom line: my expectation was that you would call me to finalize a get together ... I did not assume you were or were not coming Friday night, and I did not assume you were or were not coming Sunday. I was waiting for you to call to finalize.You also didn’t call on Saturday. And even though I was in Huntsville, I spoke a couple of times with my sister in California – so I know my phone was working.
didn't want to bother your rest at your cottage and waited until sunday afternoon. and i saw you read my emails on sunday morning, so i waited.

Quote:It seems reasonable to me that two people who talk on the phone can easily figure out the where and when to meet ... however, I did not have your phone number – so fair or not, it was incumbent on you to call me.
i called you at 6:10 pm, do you want me to take a picture of it?

Quote:I’ll take your word for it that you called me today – and I’m sorry if I wasn’t standing by at that exact moment to take your call. On the other hand, you did have the option of leaving a voice mail which you chose not to do.
how m i supposed to know it was your cell phone or landline, i was holding my phone for 6 ring tones to you and it wasnt' sending me to voice mail box, so i hung up. why didn't you call me back if you missed my phone call?

Quote:I’ve done this dozens of times before with dozens of guys – and yeah, we’re all busy so sometimes there’s a challenge with setting a time and place ... but I pride myself on being flexible and being a good communicator – and I don’t frankly see how I’ve treated you any differently. And I certainly don’t see how I’ve deserved this kind of public innuendo and accusations.

like i said, i didn't mean to set fire on you, i apologize for that if you felt i was being rude which i wasn't..
<-----------------i wrote this around 1:25am.

from this, i wrote around 1:39am
ok ken, you are online, i sent you pm 10 mins ago, your internet explorer or firefox must pop up saying omething new in pm box and i am not getting your reply.

and i even sent you txt msg and i got no reply.

and you just got offline staying here for 30 mins only typing things here in this thread..
you are not replying to pm or txt msg, and who is going to call someone late at 1:47am..i am not gonna..
you are good at replying here in thread but what is up with email, pm and txt msg..?
OMG this should have been kept to PM's. Ken is a great guy to deal with. Some times things fall through the cracks. But I still believe this should have been kept of the public board.
from my slow moving brain I can see that this LEO guy didn't understand that ZTW was at his F'in cottage all w/e and threw a hissy...

But a coles note version would be better....
(06-07-2010, 09:00 PM)DD1 Wrote: [ -> ]from my slow moving brain I can see that this LEO guy didn't understand that ZTW was at his F'in cottage all w/e and threw a hissy...

But a coles note version would be better....

Coles notes version:

I offered a couple of immediate options for delivery, but for a variety of reasons we couldn't put together a meet via email by Friday, so I gave him my cell number to call and set something up. No biggee so far.

He chose not to call until after 6:00 on Sunday - I didn't answer.

Even though he didn't leave a voicemail, just 150 minutes later he called me out in this thread because I hadn't gotten back to him.

I took offense.
(06-07-2010, 03:31 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]from this, i wrote around 1:39am
ok ken, you are online, i sent you pm 10 mins ago, your internet explorer or firefox must pop up saying omething new in pm box and i am not getting your reply.

and i even sent you txt msg and i got no reply.

and you just got offline staying here for 30 mins only typing things here in this thread..
you are not replying to pm or txt msg, and who is going to call someone late at 1:47am..i am not gonna..
you are good at replying here in thread but what is up with email, pm and txt msg..?

This is where the little voice in my head would say, "call him in the morning"... you're not going to finalize anything at 1am in the morning, and you can't expect instant responses to PMs and text messages.

Just relax and call Ken Monday morning..

Unfortunately, this kind of posting only makes matters worse. Call Ken this morning and arrange it for the Monday meet. I don't think anyone would bend over backwards after the tone you took.
Im gonna lock this, really no need for this thread. We all know Ken is a great guy and great to deal with when it comes to this stuff.

Kona/Ken - take it to PM's!!