FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i recently bought 9007 bi xenon hids and for some weird reason the high beams dont work. on the one side i have it plugged into the stock plug and it only seems to work when i have a stock bulb plugged into the other stock plug. i kno it sounds a bit confusing but any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx
What year is your car???

Also perhaps there is some threads about this in other places too.
I can only think that it would be a relay or resistor that is not allowing the full power to flow threw... Sortta like replacing a turn signal bulb with a LED bulb... doesn't work. Good luck
what hid kit did you buy? did you buy full HID hi/lo, HID hi/lo with small bulb on side or regular HID?
GFX would be what 06 - 07 no?
^correct.
my question is why is there 2 plugs? do you have after market head lights?

there will be 2 plugs going into headlight, one for turn signal which is connected direct to bulb and one to housing that then connects to headlight. what you need to do is unplug the bulb, plug in hid balast and bulb and check it. you shouldnt be able to plug in both HID and stock bulb at the same time
i don't know much about 05+ focus headlight..
hows drl hooked up to 05+ focus?

i know mazda 3 04~06 got drl on low beam side but 07+ got drl on high beam side..

is it hooked up to your high beam?
if that is the case, you might need to bypass drl or use capacitor to keep high beam on..
i have the one side that connects to the stock plug but the high beams dont seem to work until something is plugged on the other side.
that makes no sense. there is one plug that goes into the headlight bulb. HID kits are plug and play so you have one plug that plugs into where bulb was plugged in for the ballast. the rest of the plugs all go from the HID bulb to the Ballast. take a picture of it all and post it up.
nvm i figured it out thanx alot
(06-09-2010, 05:54 AM)gfxfocus Wrote: [ -> ]nvm i figured it out thanx alot

Well are you going to tell us, or what?? Time to share man!
Sounds like problems I have with my 05. I got only high beam and drl. No regular headlamp.

I have bi xenon hid hi low. But it doesnt make a difference if its got a regular halogen bulb or not, still no regular headlamp operation.

All fuses are ok. Power out of the smart junction box but none at the headlamp connector. So that only leaves me with a open in the harness somewhere, I think lol.
get the added relay harness for DRL's that may be the issue, or pull DRL fuse and dont have DRL's as they are harmful to HID's since they put out a lower power.
theres a blue white and brown wire in the plug that plugs into the stock headlight. all i had to do is switch the blue and white wire and it was done.
lmfao...
i dont get whats funny?
how was the wiring reversed? thats whats funny lol
ok then
(06-12-2010, 05:41 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]lmfao...

Confused Huh Dodgy
I didn't read this entire thread but...

If your high beam light is on in your gauge and you only have one stage of lighting (only hig or low beam) you better remove the kit as it's melting your wiring harness due too the wrong wattage.