FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: live, from pog lake!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so, 2001_ZTS just showed up with his girl... time to get a drink!
Hey Steve, are you guys going to be in the park all day on Sunday? I'll stop at the campsite on my way back from the dyno.
who all went camping.......nice pic of R8
(06-19-2010, 07:14 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Steve, are you guys going to be in the park all day on Sunday? I'll stop at the campsite on my way back from the dyno.

yup, we'll be here all day sunday, heading home on monday.. wanna go hiking?
(06-19-2010, 11:14 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2010, 07:14 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Steve, are you guys going to be in the park all day on Sunday? I'll stop at the campsite on my way back from the dyno.

gotta love it out here....
(06-19-2010, 11:14 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll be a gametime decision.
Mother f'er, I was JUST thinking about the FC camping yesterday and thought I'd missed it. Well I definately have now, I could have used a weekend off. This move back to Toronto has been the worst.
Have fun guys, wish I could have been there.
Hey Jeremy, sorry man.. after last year's showing, we decided to just do our own thing. I'll organize a proper FC camping trip next year.
Took some pics ...

[Image: DSC_0094.jpg]

arrival of the captain...
[Image: DSC_0076.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0083.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0266.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0260.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0232.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0215.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0211.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0186.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0158.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0129.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0116.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0118.jpg]
nice pictars.
Steve, you can fit your car inside your tent.
I camp very comfortably! Even with the 'vert, I'm able to find room for everything.
(06-24-2010, 10:16 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]I camp very comfortably! Even with the 'vert, I'm able to find room for everything.

Nice pics ... what's the story with bears this year?
(06-25-2010, 08:00 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2010, 10:16 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]I camp very comfortably! Even with the 'vert, I'm able to find room for everything.

Nice pics ... what's the story with bears this year?

To be honest, not sure if there's a story with the bears this year. Andrew heard something rather large in the bushes one night, but we didn't see anything.

The last few years have been pretty much wildlife free while camping. No bears, raccoons or skunks, just chipmunks.
The last shot is cool. Difference lense?
(06-26-2010, 03:40 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]The last shot is cool. Difference lense?

Fisheye wide angle -- you can tell by the vignetting in the corners.
Looks really nice. Where exactly is that? Like the pic of fire with chairs and also the shrooms with moss. Cool!
Some nice photos and nice locale. Where is that?
(06-26-2010, 07:57 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2010, 03:40 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]The last shot is cool. Difference lense?

Fisheye wide angle -- you can tell by the vignetting in the corners.

Pics 7,8 , and the last two were taken with the fisheye. I added the vignetting in the last pic in post.

shooting with a fisheye is great for getting 180 degree field of view, but tricky in making sure your subject matter isn't obviously warped. You can lense correct in post, but you lose a bit of detail when you do so.

btw... the pics were taken in algonquin park.. the campsite and water shots were taken at Pog Lake campgrounds in algonquin, and the vistas and shrooms are along the Booths Rock hike.
very nice pics steve