FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ontario / Quebec Earthquake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well figured I'd post this up, but yeah we had a 5.0 earthquake.

when it hit I was at work in my shuttle, thinking a huge gust of wind came up and was rocking my car for a few seconds, but didn't think anything of it until about 15 minutes later when I heard them say we had one on the radio.

So where where you when the quake hit?
Too much hype over this "earthquake". It was actually 5.5

And I didn't feel anything.....oh well maybe next time.
I felt nothing but the GF felt it at the TD building in T DOT
not sure because i didnt feel it :S judging by the time it was said to be at, i was either stepping out of my work van, walking away from it or driving it
I was at work and the whole building started shaking. Everyody jumped up and was looking around like a bunch of moles sticking their heads out of the ground. It was quite funny to see.
Was work, the whole building started to shake and i thought the vehicles were about to fall of the hoists.

It was quite an interesting experience haha
never felt it.
I was inside -- and didn't feel a thing.

I even missed a police chase through my neighbourhood while I was running.... a real 'head up my ass' kind of day...
TV shook and floor fan swayed for over 10 seconds. Cool!
i was at work standing in a 80ft ish rock cut solid rock for at least 100yards each way.

i did not feel a thing lol
Been sick as a dog hugging the porcelain phone so I felt nothing...

NefCanuck
i was napping half on my bed half off and almost fell off my bed when my house started shaking. interestingly enough my dad who was at the bank just down the street...maybe 800meters or less didn't feel anything.
I was sitting at my desk, wondering what the fawk was going on with my coworkers. We felt it good, being only about 60 km as the crow flies from the epicenter.

Unfortunately, my government building is only 1 floor, so I didn't get sent home early. Some of my friends downtown did though...
My hot water tank burst. Might have been due to the quake.
I personally didn't feel anything I was outside on the patio having lunch and people started running out of the building saying that it was shaking, At 1st we thought someone drove into the building which has happened once before but after a quick perimiter check all looked good then my phone was blazing with BBM updates saying they felt the earthquake in T Dot, Scar town and ven in London.
I was in Cumberland 30ishkm from the epicentre. House shook like muhammed ali. some paintings fell, glasses broke... Biggest one I ever felt.

It was the sound of the earthquake that creeped me out.